VOR frequencies not active

6 hours ago, Näftisimpilot said:

Hello Support

After planning a flight into Paris all VOR around shows inactive on the EFB client.

What could be wrong ??

Thanks in advance for help.

regards Edgar

Hi Edgar,

Sorry, nothing is recognizeable in your screenshot. What do you mean by "inactive"? Are they all greyed out? Did you change anything in your EFB2 or Simulator Setup? Did you rebuild your database? I cannot see anything wrong in the Paris Area on my EFB2.

Hi

Thank you for your answer and your questions. Yes, they are all greyed out instead of blue. We have reinstalled EFB2 and we actualised the navaids in P3d 4 with SORS Navaids. We had rebuilt the database too. I habe no idea, where the problem is and what I can do.

Thanks for your help

Edgar

4 hours ago, Näftisimpilot said:

Hi

Thank you for your answer and your questions. Yes, they are all greyed out instead of blue. We have reinstalled EFB2 and we actualised the navaids in P3d 4 with SORS Navaids. We had rebuilt the database too. I habe no idea, where the problem is and what I can do.

Thanks for your help

Edgar

Hi Edgar,

This sounds very confusing and very strange. Could you please post a set of Support Files? https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3046-how-to-create-a-support-file/

Edit: The main reason for a Navaid not being shown as "active" (greyed out) is defined if the Navaid is available in the ARINC database but not in the Simulator's database. That said I would strongly presume that the databuilding process cannot read any Navaids from the Simulator's default database. You have updated with SORS' Navaids database. My presumption is that something went wrong with that. I also use Hervé SORS' Updated default files for many years and I never had any problems with that. But- as stated above - if all Navaids are greyed out it definitely looks as if the Simulator's (updated) default database is corrupt. Depending on the region it may be that only one of the BGL's is corrupt.

Hi Edgar,

I see some trange things in your installation.

The default scenery paths \0601, 0602 and 0701 are missing (at least in the scenery.cfg) which are scenery contents for Cental Europe. It seems that ORBX OpenLC Europe has replaced those in the respective paths:

D:\Orbx Library\p3dv4\Global openLC Europe\Scenery\0601

D:\Orbx Library\p3dv4\Global openLC Europe\Scenery\0602

D:\Orbx Library\p3dv4\Global openLC Europe\Scenery\0701

Those replacing paths are properly scanned in the DbBuilder process, however it seems that the necessary navaid BGLs, usually contained in the default path and updated by SORS' Navaid Utility (NVX06010.bgl, NVX06020.bgl and NVX07010.bgl) are not scanned and therefore the navaids contained therein are missing in the database.

To be honest, I have no clue what the content of the three paths

D:\Orbx Library\p3dv4\Global openLC Europe\Scenery\0601

D:\Orbx Library\p3dv4\Global openLC Europe\Scenery\0602

D:\Orbx Library\p3dv4\Global openLC Europe\Scenery\0701

actually is and why ORBX (obviously) replaced the default paths from the original P3DV4 installlation. As they are scanned regularly I must presume that the required navaids for the mentioned region are not present anymore. I'm sorry that I cannot be more specific as I don't have ORBX openLC Europe installed anymore on my system.

EDIT: I have quickly reinstalled openLC Europe on my test rig and I do not see the changes ORBX has (obviously) made on your system. The default scenery paths \0602, \0603 and \0701 are still normally active in the scenery.cfg. The respective paths in the ORBX Library only contain a single OBXxxx.bgl, which contains sone additional objects.

So as a conclusion I can't say what happened on your system or who deactivated these default scenery paths. You need to investigate on your system.

Hello Oski

Thanks a lot for your outstanding support.

Based on your response you did a lot of investigation.

(romair) Roger helped me to investigate the problem on my P3Dv4. We found that those 3 scenery folders were not existing and activated within the scenery.cfg

We made a re-install of the P3Dv4 base sceneries and activated them within the scenery.cfg

After we arranged a new EFB DB.

We have now the VOR's in blue color and I am satisfayed.

Again many thanks and best regards

Edgar