Only add-on airports

agutz

Hi Andreas,

in one of the files included in the Server-Support-File I have seen some leftovers from an fsAerodata installation. Is this installation still active or did you run the fsAerodata uninstaller or did you uninstall it manually?

Could you please also check whether the paths in the scenery.cfg really point to a folder with the stock scenery files (*.bgl files).

Thank you!

I deinstalled FSAerodata when I switched to P3Dv5. I don't remember which way.

"Could you please also check whether the paths in the scenery.cfg really point to a folder with the stock scenery files (*.bgl files)."

How do I do it? All entries in scenery.cfg have this form:

[Area.001]
Title=Default Terrain
Local=Scenery\World
Layer=1
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

[Area.131]
Title=Randolph_AFB
Local=Scenery\Cities\KRND_Randolph_AFB
Layer=131
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

The paths in the scenery.cfg are 'relative' paths which have to be appended to the 'installation folder' of the simulator.

If your simulator would be installed in "C:\Simulator"  then the following relative path "Local = Scenery\World"  would result in the full path  "C:\Simulator\Scenery\World".

Finally you have to append the folder name "Scenery", if not yet available and then you have the entire path to the BGL-Files. e.g. "C:\Simulator\Scenery\World\Scenery"

You can randomly check some of the folders, like "0602" or similar. There you should see a lot of files beginning with "APX....bgl". Please also check whether there are some leftovers from the fsAerodata Installation. Maybe you can take a screenshot of the content of such a folder and post it here.

Thanks again for your time and the detailed explanation.
I think (think!) I understand the concept of relative paths.

I checked the "0602", in C:\Prepar3D v5\Scenery\0602\scenery and indeed it's full of .bgl files.
I shamefully admit that I sent the DatabaseBuilder in the wrong direction: "C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" instead of "C:\Prepar3D v5".
Strange enough I have 2 "installations": C:\Prepar3D v5 (where the Prepar3d.exe is) and C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5, both containing scenery directories, one with  .bgl files the other one with .bgl.p3ini files. So I think something went wrong with the last HF istallation of P3Dv5.

I have to work on it!