Question about Airplanes Folder

I am in the 5th trial day and learning more each day. Aside from several hours getting my network to share everything seems ok.

My question is: When I go to select my airplane shouldn't all my FSX planes be listed?

The FSX/...../Sim Objects/Airplanes folder is properly shown in the Display Screen but none of my planes show up.

Any help or information appreciated.

Best regards

Neal

Btw.....I am really pleased with this software and will almost certainly buy it before my trial time is over. I do want to try it a bit longer....an expensive program needs a good trial. Thanks for the 30 days with the FULL program too.

Hi Neal,

Not for now. Each user needs to create the Airplane folders for the aircraft that they will use with EFB.

Some SimObject "Aircraft" are AI only, some are ground vehicles, one could be named "Bob." :lol: So since EFB 1.n's Aircraft are only used to hold checklists and descent rates, we felt that it would be simpler to let the user create and manage manually.

This could change with a new version of EFB... but for now, no.

Thank you for your kind words. For me as a customer it was the full feature set, the professional presentation, as well as the "full 30 day trial," and the free updates that convinced me to purchase. :)

Please post any questions or comments that you have and one of us will attempt to answer.

Regards,

Thank you for the quick response and the clear answer to my question. I did add another plane this morning (Pilatus PC12) and used EFB for a short flight (Fresno to San Jose). It is really nice having all that destination data and plates on a separate monitor.

My "check will be in the mail" in a few days.

Neal

Very good Neal! Feel free to post any questions, comments, or feature requests in the forum here.

Funny enough, one of my routes as "the Flight Sim Pilot for Your San Francisco Giants" is a PC-12 route from both KSFO and KSJC to KFAT when guys are being called up and sent down. I really enjoyed flying Buster up last May. :)

Tonight's run after the game, an iFly 738: KLAX VTU5.RZS RZS J501 BSR BSR2 KSFO

No ground delays or stops currently active in ZOA, and the TAF looks like ILS 28L and 28R will be the hot choice....

KSFO 192336Z 2000/2106 28020KT P6SM FEW009 BKN250

FM200400 27011KT P6SM FEW009

FM201000 26007KT P6SM BKN010

FM201700 27005KT P6SM SCT015

FM202200 29015KT P6SM FEW250

Travis

I got tyhe Ifly 737 FSX on day of release, what an aircraft. Good to see EFB will be supporting it and developing a flightplan handler.

last night I had a glut of 737's on the grd at EGFF, mostly radio checks and strat up routines but acouple departed.

Wycliffe

p.s. sorry to hijack the thread Cubpilot, you'll love EFB more each day.

Neal,

Apologies also about the "topic diversion."

Wycliffe,

iFly and Flight1 were highly supportive in response to a simple "cold" inquiry from us, and this last week was very fun in adding EFB export.

So you've been to the tester's area in the past day or so, correct?? Please leave feedback there. We'd like to roll out the EFB Service Pack tout de suite.

(And for the record, last night's flight was in a default 737 that was ISG-driven instead of on an iFly. Have to check them all.)

I just had a look at the IFLY 737 and it is being downloaded now :) It is a beauty and I don't even like jets.

As for the hijack: It makes me recall the last time a couple of fellows hijacked one of my threads. A strange coincidence but both experienced total loss of control and plummeted to earth (screaming all the way down). Oddly enough, the crash teams discovered that both aircraft had numerous bolts and loosened and fasteners missing. 8-);)

Heh, Heh

Best Wishes

Neal