Taxi path EFB.

Hi all, 

I have some question with the EFB taxi path function, I would like to be sure that the EFB use the AFCAD files of the airport to display the "ground chart" because, on a lot of airport, juste because the taxiway are not linked between each other, we can't select this taxiway for taxi path. I would like to know if it's normal ?, and if we can do something to override that.

Thanks a lot, 

R.H

1 hour ago, Romainhbn said:

Hi all, 

I have some question with the EFB taxi path function, I would like to be sure that the EFB use the AFCAD files of the airport to display the "ground chart" because, on a lot of airport, juste because the taxiway are not linked between each other, we can't select this taxiway for taxi path. I would like to know if it's normal ?, and if we can do something to override that.

Thanks a lot, 

R.H

Hi R.H. (please observe our Forum Rules and sign with your proper name)

EFB2 indeed uses the taxiway information supplied bythe so called "AFCAD" BGLs provided by the Add-On Developers or by the simulator's default library. As these AFCAD files are also used to control AI traffic ground movement, it is obvious that some Developers have their own rules as to how they will restrict the AI traffic in their movement freedom. This unforunately also leads to interrupted taxilines, although they are of course not interrupted in reality. The reason is to avoid AI traffic to use these taxilines.

The only remedy for that is to produce your own AFCAD BGL and place it into the respective folder in the EFB Servers document file structure. This AFCAD BGL will then exclusively used by EFB2 to DRAW the ground layout, but it will not influence the AI traffic within the simulator.