Future updates to Vatsim data file

zimmer46

As you know the Vatsim data file is now maintained / updated and posted at the "VATSpy Client Data Update' project on GitHub.    As far as I can see there is no way for the user to import any changes from GitHub as EFB compiles a specific datafile from that data.    However, the last update of the EFB data file was posted last August.   What is the plan for future updating of the file used in EFB ?   

Andrew

Thanks for the info Urs.
I am still on EFB v1 at the moment.  I downloaded EFB v2 early last year for trial but never actually got around to trying it before it expired.   
I was going to go ahead and purchase it recently but was aware there had been various changes to the Vatsim data and wondered if it would be up to date and that's when I spotted the Announcement thread about  the update last August, but when I could not find any other updates I assumed there had been none.   I'll go ahead and get v2 now anyway.  With the Vatsim data file now being updated via the GitHub project, it looks like there will be changes on a more frequent basis compared to previous years.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

22 minutes ago, zimmer46 said:

With the Vatsim data file now being updated via the GitHub project, it looks like there will be changes on a more frequent basis compared to previous years.

Yes, although the strategy on how to regularly update the file is not yet clear. For the time being I will update it usually with a new EFB update. But on the long run I'm thinking of a way to allow using the file from GitHub directly.