divert to nearest airport procedure

When I have to abort going to the planned airport and divert to the nearest,

Can you layout the procedure on how I clear the current flight plan and get a PPos flight plan to the selected nearest airport with all the approaches available.

I had a cabin pressure problem, the other night and had to go online to get the approach charts for the nearest airport.

Thanks

Ron Wilson

ExecJet 210

WestWinds 185

Hi Ron,

there are different ways to accomplish this.

First of all, you can manually select an airport any time, regardless whether a flight plan is activated or not. As soon as an airport is active (see the manual "5 EN Client.pdf", "Basic concepts"), you can display its procedures.

In your described situation the steps would be as follows:

1. Open the flight plan, then press "Clear FPL", this will remove the current flight plan (if you are flying in P3D/FSX, it will also remove the plan from the GPS, so it will be a good idea to switch your auto pilot to HDG mode before)
  2. On the same dialog, now press "Create FPL", and switch to the second tab 'Copy/Paste'. While in flight, the text box is preset with 'PPOS'
  3. Enter your destination airport ICAO code after PPOS.
  4. Go through the steps 2 and 3 and then press Finish. Now you have a valid flight plan from PPOS to 'ICAO'. That's all.

Depending on the distance to the new airport, you can insert more waypoints as described in manual "6 EN Flightplan.pdf".

If you are within activation distance to the new destination airport, this airport will be automatically set as the active airport and therefore you can display all the procedures of this airport.