Runway too far left

newtie

Hi all-

Just finished a KLAS > KSQL flight in my Flysimware Lear35. Downloaded the route from SimBrief and loaded into both EFB and my RXP 750.

On approach to runway 30, it appears to be about 800' to the left as the ac is being guided by the GPS. In the EFB flight map, the ac is tracking 283 degrees exactly.

I reran the DB and am running the most recent AIRAC in all software except the gps of course which I think is 1909. Did the flight again, same thing.

What would cause this 'offset' ?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

The airport ground layout in EFB is based on the scenery which is installed in your simulator. Procedures are based on r/w AIRAC data.

To verify whether both are matching you can superimpose the AIRAC runway over the simulator runway by pressing "Ctrl + Alt + A" (default shortcut). Details about this feature please see the manual "5 EN Client.pdf", "Troubleshooting".

If both runway layouts (simulator and AIRAC) are matching, then the cause has to be the RXP 750 database which is guiding the A/C. It seems to have other coordinates for the runways.