STAR approch

Hi,

The route is

EKYT

RADIS P615 LUTUS T55 ROSBI

EKCH

FL190 or FL210

then adding runway 22L / Arrival ROSB3C

then adding runway 22L / Approch ILS rwy 22L / transition KAS - this has no influence, just to get the full picture.

When EKDK_CTR is online on VATSIM I'll be told to decend FL100 in good time before TNO(part of the STAR). But, the T/D is very short before TNO. So if I do nothing I'll be too high for EKCH_APP to handle in a normal procedure.

This works perfectly if I select ROSB3N arrival.

br,

Leif

Leif,

thanks for the route and the explanation. The difference between the two arrival routes is that ROSB3C ends with "vectors" (which is an "unknown" position) whereas ROSB3N ends at a known position (LAMOX). EFB cannot determine the distance that must be flown if the end point is not defined and therefore it cannot adjust the T/D.

Leif,

today I finally found the time to fly the route you provided. The answer from my last post seems to be wrong (one should not give an answer without having a look into the source code ;-)).

I used a default 737 for this flight. Cruise level has been set to FL210 and initially I didn't add neither a STAR nor an approach. Above 10'000 feet I set a speed (IAS) of 290 kts on the MCP. This gave me a groundspeed of 385 kts when I reached T/C. At this point the T/D was calculated to be just at "ROSBI". While on cruise level I added the STAR (ROSB3C) and the approach. The T/C has then been recalculated to be approx. 8 NM from TNO towards to my position and also on the chart it was clearly evident that the T/C has been moved. 20 NM before T/D the FIP showed a descent rate of -2400 ft/min to be at FL120 at TNO. I reached TNO exactly at FL120 with a groundspeed of 340 knots only followed the instructions given by the FIP.

In my opinion there was nothing wrong nor was anything missing nor is it a bug (maybe I didn't understand exactly what the problem on your flight was?)

Leif,

I just made a short flight from Billund (in the default 738 as well) using the ROSB3C STAR programmed at the gate. After a quick TOC of FL170, I approached TNO and the Flight Information System scheduled my descent using TNO and the FL120 restriction there.

[attachment=0]tno.png[/attachment]

So while it should work for you, we will have to do a little more investigation to find what our differences are. Exactly how have you used this - have you tried a test flight with the STAR entered, or do you always add it while enroute? Has it always failed - even with older Airac cycles?

Regards,