Wrong Airport Denoted

Dane

1 hour ago, Dane said:

Not sure why this would be but I was parked at TFFJ St. Barts, EFB2 shows the aircraft at TFFJ correctly, but shows the airport information as TFFG which is in fact a few miles northwest of TFFJ

Hi Dane,

I presume that you are using an A/C which requires more than TFFJ's RWY length. It is therefore filtered and not displayed, but the closest airport fulfilling the A/C's requirement is displayed. You might need to unlock the PRFL Filter or use another A/C or change the profile settings of this specific A/C you have in use.

14 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Dane,

I presume that you are using an A/C which requires more than TFFJ's RWY length. It is therefore filtered and not displayed, but the closest airport fulfilling the A/C's requirement is displayed. You might need to unlock the PRFL Filter or use another A/C or change the profile settings of this specific A/C you have in use.

Thanks Oskar - I forgot to post a screen shot - sorry.

I have always used this A/C at this airport and have never seen this discrepancy before.

Maybe I will revisit the A/C Profile Setting to see if it is correct - but I honestly have not changed anything since setting it up??

2 minutes ago, Dane said:

Thanks Oskar - I forgot to post a screen shot - sorry.

I have always used this A/C at this airport and have never seen this discrepancy before.

Maybe I will revisit the A/C Profile Setting to see if it is correct - but I honestly have not changed anything since setting it up??

Having trouble attaching my screen shot  - here is a link...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zBW2E9BZeKaATfvF6

1 hour ago, Dane said:

Having trouble attaching my screen shot  - here is a link...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zBW2E9BZeKaATfvF6

Oskar, you are absolutely correct - the problem I am having is the fact that the Profile is filtering to the closest airport.

The only thought I have is though that both the Dornier 228-100 and the Caravan 208B are STOL aircraft and can in fact takeoff on the runway at TFFJ.

But that's all OK as I now know what was causing the different airport displayed.

Thanks again...

8 hours ago, Dane said:

Oskar, you are absolutely correct - the problem I am having is the fact that the Profile is filtering to the closest airport.

The only thought I have is though that both the Dornier 228-100 and the Caravan 208B are STOL aircraft and can in fact takeoff on the runway at TFFJ.

But that's all OK as I now know what was causing the different airport displayed.

Thanks again...

Well, both those two aircraft list a certified take-off distance (over a 50 ft obstacle) of a bit over 600 m, however the ground run is definitely below that also for both. It is of course up to you to "allow" your operation within lower limits and thus reducing the min. RWY length in the profile for each aircraft to have smaller airports displayed. Thanks God we are not strictly bound to commercial operation limits. So a bit of "personal freedom" is still allowed 😀