Re- FREQ mismatch AS A320 Radio

aerostar17

I wonder if you can advise what is the problem here....   I think it's the A320 radio at fault but can you confirm ?

This is a post I made  to the developer....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE :-

I had the misfortune, while on the   ' Vatsim new Codec stress test Event '  recently  when I was calling the controller on the wrong channel, he was very busy and there were a lot of pilots on frequency.  It was embarrassing.   

I had entered the last controller's handoff  COM frequency into the Aivlasoft numeric input panel as shown...   but the last digit was changed to a  '0'  instead of a '5'

For example -               119.875  was  changed to 119.870  in the aircraft radio.

I think you have to  make the frequency steps in  8.33 Khz spacing.

I believe  8.33 Khz spacing is now adopted by the industry and  Vatsim uses this channel spacing,   mimicking real world.

It was hard to understand what had happened at first then to try and resync the aircraft radio.

Are there any plans regarding this ?

fcc451253d0059cb5f8bc570318878be.jpg

PS-   Maybe it's when the calculations are rounding up...   maybe if you calculate to   4  decimal places  and only display the  3  decimal places .

Just had a thought...  if the freq now has an extra 2 decimal places  (8.33 Khz)  then   a full freq could look like  119.87533 Mhz  maybe,   therefore you should calculate to 5 decimal places or 6 ?

EDIT:-

32720ed8d3f02f95f8a19c4a6f370766.png

Simconnect  shows capability for 6 decimal places...