virtual temperature and pmdg md11 flightplans

Hi,

What is virtual temperature ?

I tried creating a flight plan from within the efb and save it as rte2 but when i try load it in the fmc (pmdg md11) I get an error.Something like "cannot load flight plan".

Can you please advise ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Vic

The virtual tempreture I should imagine is the tempreture shown in FSX. Tempreture can have many effects on your aircraft especially if you input an incorrect tem[preture in the FMC. their are two temps youneed to be aware of when programming the FMC.

1) OAT = outside air tempreture so if a metar reports 22C then you need to putthattemp in your FMC where it asks for the OAT.

2) FLEX temp, Very simply - flex temperature is a derated takeoff. Rather then the jet using full thrust on the takeoff the 'system' is fooled into thinking the air temperature is higher than it really is.... an assumed temperature.

That is then input to reduce the thrust to preserve the life of the engine when full thrust is not required for a safe takeoff. PMDG reccomend FLEX to be set at 54 in all conditions.

The PMDG md11 is a rather complex aircraft and to fully configure the FMC which is the EDU and AP you need a number of factors as well as the flight plan.

You can create your flightplan in EFB, butthen the correct way to proceed in the MD11 is then to inputthe flightplan into the FMC/CDU. The MD11 FMC is not like a boeing FMC and the inputting of the data is a little different.

Spend some time reading the manual or do the tutorial flight a few time you will soon get the hang of it and believe me once you have completed a flight using the FMC the correct way the sense of satisfaction you get is really worth the effort.

Wycliffe