IVAO online

Guest William

Guest William

I am probably missing something here. I am using the demo version of EFB and firstly, having first looked at it in its infancy, must say it has progressed beyond measure and is almost certainly what I am looking for.

However I do not appear to be seeing what I expected in online traffic. I have set up charts/traffic as shown in the manuals and at present am looking at one solitary aircraft - mine - when The Eye has a host of aircraft within a reasonable distance. They are also showing up in FSC. Both vertical and horizontal distances are set to 0 and I can see moving traffic on the ground with no problem.

A shove in the right direction would oblige.

Guest William

Thanks for that - yes I have done those.

You have given me an idea. I am VATSIM member as well - may be worth installing the software and seeing what happens.

Guest William

Just a further report with IVAO - I can see the controllers in the setup so communication between the two must be fine. Played around with the settings the last couple of hours and still no aircraft despite there being many on the Eye screen and also on the IVAO TCAS gauge.

Nil desperandum.

William,

there are several items to be checked:

1) EFB DisplayUnit Settings "Online"

- IVAO data folder (seems to be set according to your report)

2) EFB DisplayUnit Settings "Charts" > "Traffic":

2a) Did you check "Show 'online' traffic"?

2b) Did you define a horizontal or vertical range "filter"?

3) Route setup: "Check" for online traffic and select your provider (IVAO or VATSIM). Then press "Close"

4) Activate the route

5) Do you see the chart-options-buttons "TRFC" and "OTPV" (the latter is only available on ground charts)?

6) Does your pilot-client-software have a slider where you can set the range for traffic? Maybe this range is too small?

Hope this helps.

Guest William

1) EFB DisplayUnit Settings "Online" YES

- IVAO data folder (seems to be set according to your report)

2) EFB DisplayUnit Settings "Charts" > "Traffic": YES

2a) Did you check "Show 'online' traffic"? YES

2b) Did you define a horizontal or vertical range "filter"? NO

3) Route setup: "Check" for online traffic and select your provider (IVAO or VATSIM). Then press "Close" YES

4) Activate the route YES

5) Do you see the chart-options-buttons "TRFC" and "OTPV" (the latter is only available on ground charts)? YES

6) Does your pilot-client-software have a slider where you can set the range for traffic? Maybe this range is too small? YES 40nm (maximum allowed)

Will try with VATSIM tomorrow.

Guest William

All seems OK now - rebuilt my firewall. Had been fiddling with it last week and seems I must have turned it from interactive to policy-based mode. Switching it back to interactive sorted it. Now I can confidently purchase :P .

the data will be refreshed every 2 minutes (VATSIM) or every 5 minutes (IVAO). These interval settings cannot be changed
The minimum set by the IVAO Eye for Auto Download is 3 minutes (the allowables are 15/10/5/3).

Would it be possible in a future update for the option to be available for minimising the utility to the system tray.

Guest William

Thanks for the encouragement to persevere to find a solution. Getting it sorted has made a 66 year old very happy.

Guest William

Nope - still working. Retired at 60, didn't like it so now work airside at EMA for DHL Aviation four nights a week. Will retire properly next February when my wife retires after 50 years as a registered nurse.