Warning Files don't understand them

Jason

Hi,

When you run the Database Builder after you've added scenery to P3Dv4, and you get the warnings with the log files, I've looked through them but have no idea what the information means ? Or what I'm supposed to look at so I can locate the relevant error.

I've included the 4 files that where produced but had to put them into a Zip File. Apologises if my post is quite vague but I generally don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for or changing if needed?

Thanks

Jason

New folder.zip

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Hi,

When you run the Database Builder after you've added scenery to P3Dv4, and you get the warnings with the log files, I've looked through them but have no idea what the information means ? Or what I'm supposed to look at so I can locate the relevant error.

I've included the 4 files that where produced but had to put them into a Zip File. Apologises if my post is quite vague but I generally don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for or changing if needed?

Thanks

Jason

New folder.zip 180.66 kB · 0 downloads

Jason, if you look at the warnings, the are all about the airport "PKSIM-Barranquilla". This airport is not properly installed. It seems that is is installed using the P3DV4 package system, nevertheless is is still present in the scenery.cfg. You need to clear this issue to prevent furrther warnings. I recommend to clompletely uninstall this airport, make sure it is not listend in the scenery.cfg file anymore and re-install the airport from scratch.

Oskar,

Thanks for that, I'll follow your instructions and then reinstall the relevant airport. Can I ask which log file you looked at for you to know it was PKSIM-Barranquilla? 

Then maybe I maybe able to learn what I need to look for If I encounter issues like this again.

Many Thanks

Jason

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Oskar,

Thanks for that, I'll follow your instructions and then reinstall the relevant airport. Can I ask which log file you looked at for you to know it was PKSIM-Barranquilla? 

Then maybe I maybe able to learn what I need to look for If I encounter issues like this again.

Many Thanks

Jason

Jason,

As those warnings were issued when building the Database, they were logged in the DBBuilderLogfile.txt. It might also be interesting to know that a WARNING does not prevent the database from being built normally, contradictory to an ERROR, where the database building process will be deleted. So after a WARNING you still have a functioning database, although the ground layout of the aiport triggering the WARNING may or may not be properly depicted. After an ERROR you won't have a database at all.