Export route to .rt2 file form FMC PMDG not working??

Hi !

I am evaluating the EFB SYstem before i decide to buy it. I like it very much and it is really helpful during a flight. The only problem i find is when trying to export a route for PMDG 747-400 FMC. On long flight including NAT routes it seems the export is not working as it should. The FMC cannot recognize the waypoints in the exported rt2 file. When i open the file the routes are there and shown like this:

53N050W

54N040W

54N030W

53N020W

I have the latest AIRAC in both EFB and PMDG but FMC still cannot associate to thoose waypoints. ANy solution to this problem ????

Hi Tango,

(According to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your name - you may use the forum signature if you prefer to do so once.)

Urs is the PMDG 744 format specalist so I'll defer to him, but if you could please zip and post sample rt2 files - one with the bad NAT fixes as well as one with good NAT fixes - then I could take a look.

Regards,

Hi Tango,

(According to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your name - you may use the forum signature if you prefer to do so once.)

Urs is the PMDG 744 format specalist so I'll defer to him, but if you could please zip and post sample rt2 files - one with the bad NAT fixes as well as one with good NAT fixes - then I could take a look.

Regards,

I am sending you the attached rt2 file. The latest airac (1103) is used.

Note that when entering mentioned waypoints manually in FMC there is no problem finding thoose.

Hi Haris,

I have the file and see the NAT fixes, but I will have to do research to see if I can find a PMDG format document to see if .rt2 files expect a different format or if it is something else.

If you have a known good .rt2 file that includes NAT fixes, I could deduce from that as well.

I've attached my first guess at the expected NAT fix. Hope it works, but it is a total guess with one vague forum post I found elsewhere to go by....

Regards

Hi Haris,

I have the file and see the NAT fixes, but I will have to do research to see if I can find a PMDG format document to see if .rt2 files expect a different format or if it is something else.

If you have a known good .rt2 file that includes NAT fixes, I could deduce from that as well.

I've attached my first guess at the expected NAT fix. Hope it works, but it is a total guess with one vague forum post I found elsewhere to go by....

Regards

I did test to import the atteched rt2 file to FMC but no sucess. Sorry i dont have any other flighplan with NAT routes to give you. I'll do some reserach later to see how the correct file should look like.

Hi Haris,

Seems that no one of us has been using this feature in the past :o

After a "many-hours-of-googling-Sunday-afternoon", I finally found a description which explains how to implement these waypoints. I will fix this in EFB so you will be able to use this feature as soon as possible.

Hi Haris,

Seems that no one of us has been using this feature in the past :o

After a "many-hours-of-googling-Sunday-afternoon", I finally found a description which explains how to implement these waypoints. I will fix this in EFB so you will be able to use this feature as soon as possible.

Great! Thank you for a quick support! Its little bit of strange that nobody except me use this export function of EFB. Thats the one of the reasons i am considering to buy a license for EFB. Anyway thank you for the help and plz let me know when you have solution to this issue.

Hi Haris,

I used this export function very often in the past (when I had the time to fly the 744 :roll:). Meanwhile I'm only programming ... ;) but I don't want to complain ... I like this job very much, really!

I don't want to make a secret about the source where I finally found the information that helped me. Especially not if it's a website that provides in-depth and professional information. It also provides a flight plan converter into the rt2-format.

http://www.bleedair.de/company-route-generator.html

I tried to use the link you provided to fix the route for FMC but it does not work for me. The NAT fixes are still the same and not formated after i used the generator.Like "41N060W 43N050W ..." I think the problem is the NAT fixes format in rt2 file, the FMC cannot recognize them. Maybe some other format of thoose NAT fixes is required to fix this kind of problem? I dont know.