DU - Problem after network disconnection

I'm running DP on FSX machine with Win7 64-bit.

I'm running DU on separate XP 32-bit machine.

During flight, if my DU-machine loose connection with FSX machine, due to network problem, when I restart DU on XP-machine, DU succeeds in connection and continues to show current flight progress.

BUT instead of decresing numbers for distanse to Top of descent, Next Waypoint and Destination, DU increases these numbers.

Please tell me what I have to do to avoid this problem. All the numbers are decreasing before disconnection, and the numbers are increasing after re-connection. I have also tried to restart the DP, without that solving the problem.

Except for this issue, I'm very pleased with EFB.

Best Regards

Freddy Mentzoni

Norway

Freddy,

EFB is currently not designed to be able to reset a current route automatically after a new start of the DU while the flight is still in progress. Although there is a possibility (*1) to "reset" after such a situation, in my opinion we should concentrate on the network problem to avoid the described situation.

a) Are you running a wireless connection or with network cables?

B) What are the specs of the XP machine?

c) What are the values for the timeout settings? You can read these values from the DU and DP settings ("TCP/IP" tab).

(*1) - After restart/reconnect of the DU, use the "Direct-To" function and select the next waypoint towards the destination.