Airports.dat

Briant

In EFB v1 you created a file called "Airports.dat" which I believe contained correct Transition Altitudes for airports around the world.

Pete Dowsons MakeRwys used to use this file to add the data to a CSV file used by radar contact.

that file doesn't seem to appear anymore in EFBv2 and I was wondering if this information is now in a different file that MakeRwys can access?

2 minutes ago, Briant said:

In EFB v1 you created a file called "Airports.dat" which I believe contained correct Transition Altitudes for airports around the world.

Pete Dowsons MakeRwys used to use this file to add the data to a CSV file used by radar contact.

that file doesn't seem to appear anymore in EFBv2 and I was wondering if this information is now in a different file that MakeRwys can access?

Hi Brian,

I'm afraid that Transition Altitudes are no longer accessible by third party programs as during the databuilding process they are retrieved from the ARINC dataset and - as being airport specific in many countries -  included in the airport.bin file.

1 hour ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Brian,

I'm afraid that Transition Altitudes are no longer accessible by third party programs as during the databuilding process they are retrieved from the ARINC dataset and - as being airport specific in many countries -  included in the airport.bin file.

Thanks Oskar, at least I can stop looking now ?