No Route in FSX

Mirko,

Open the DataProviders settings. On the second tab (called 'Folders') you may select the option 'Create FSX flight plans ...' and then enter or select the folder which contains the FSX flightplans.

Whenever you press the 'Activate' button in the 'RouteSetup' module, EFB is writing an FSX flightplan into the folder which you might have set as described above.

If your aircraft is still on the ground, the flightplan will also be loaded into the Garmin 500 GPS. If you want the flightplan to be loaded also if the aircraft is airborne, then you must set the option 'Load flightplan to Garmin ... aircraft is airborne'.

Please have look into the document 'Installation and Configuration Manual', section 'Configuration' on page 4 of 20.

Charcham,

sorry for the inconvenience, since yesterday I'm aware of this bug. It occurs mainly when inserting an ILS approach into the route (RouteModify). Because the name of the ILS approach is written to the 'ATCAirway' tag and this name can have a length of more than 10 characters, it can led to an unloadable flightplan.

If you are familiar with the XML format and also with the notepad.exe then I know a workaround. Of course it will be fixed in the next program version, but until then ...

- open the *.pln file

- for every waypoint in this flightplan you must check the content between the XML tags

- the content must not be longer than 10 characters

e.g.

ILS Rwy 06L

this item would led to an unloadable flightplan, because 'ILS Rwy 06L' has 11 characters.

ILSRwy06L

this item is ok because its length is 9 characters.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
Charcham,

sorry for the inconvenience, since yesterday I'm aware of this bug. It occurs mainly when inserting an ILS approach into the route (RouteModify). Because the name of the ILS approach is written to the 'ATCAirway' tag and this name can have a length of more than 10 characters, it can led to an unloadable flightplan.

If you are familiar with the XML format and also with the notepad.exe then I know a workaround. Of course it will be fixed in the next program version, but until then ...

- open the *.pln file

- for every waypoint in this flightplan you must check the content between the XML tags

- the content must not be longer than 10 characters

e.g.

ILS Rwy 06L

this item would led to an unloadable flightplan, because 'ILS Rwy 06L' has 11 characters.

ILSRwy06L

this item is ok because its length is 9 characters.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

Yes it was very helpful !!

It took me some time to find this post and to realize there was a bug that will be corrected in the next SP3 to come. I didn't understand why certain of my FPL were FSX loadable and some others were not !

I made the FPL corrections with the search function provided with notepad, to find the contents between the XML tags with a length > 10 characters. I confirm it happened with ILS approach. With at most 10 characters it works fine, with 11 and more it doesn't !! Good to know

:):)