EHAM Basic minimums

victoroos

HI all

SO, my first a(it is harder then I thought ;).. but if anyone wants, I can look into it because it is fun somehow) the EHAM minimums file.

it is basic, CIrcling is basically not allowed at EHAM so I disabled that, but both cats (cat 3 has the same as cat 2) and LOC's are done for all the active landing RWY!

Hope I did it right, if not tell me!

cheers

vic

EHAM.txt

2 hours ago, victoroos said:

HI all

SO, my first a(it is harder then I thought ;).. but if anyone wants, I can look into it because it is fun somehow) the EHAM minimums file.

it is basic, CIrcling is basically not allowed at EHAM so I disabled that, but both cats (cat 3 has the same as cat 2) and LOC's are done for all the active landing RWY!

Hope I did it right, if not tell me!

cheers

vic

EHAM.txt

Thanks Victor, for posting! I'll give it a brief check and then publish it !

2 hours ago, victoroos said:

OKay, I found my mistakes, corrected! It works now.

I contacted the dutch ATC for some information about their RVR and CAT III minima, because I wan't sure, but for now it uses the default values for CAT III!

If you could check it again sir? @lonewulf47

EHAM.txt

Hi Victor,

Yes I checked it out and it worked with one exception: your text editor obviously put a line break into the lenghty text for Circling. This makes TWO lines of text which leads to an error. If you have turned down the sound on your Client, you won't hear the buzzer, but you can still see the entry in the logfile reading: "....   Error   : Approach minima: EHAM/C*, Number of elements. Line=an emergency."? No big thing. I just had to remove the line break.

About the circling text itself: It is much too long to be displayed within the provided space. The idea would be to reduce it to the shortest, most significant terms. Nevertheless it must also be said that no text is displayed if all minimums are "NA". It wouldn't be logical to display something that has no condition to the corresponding minimum. And BTW, believe me, in case of an Emergency no ATC has the authority to forbid something. The only thing ATC can do in such cases is to give best guidance... So, as  a conclusion the text for the Circling can be omitted. It will not display either.

I wonder a bit about the RVR values. You use 350m throughout CAT II, CAT I and LOC. This is certainly not what operators would use. A (non-precision) LOC approach with RVR 350m would be unique worldwide, as would be a ILS CAT II with RVR 350m... The display logic for the approach categories is as follows: the (lowest) ILS approach category of each runway is defined in the ARINC dataset. If a certain RWY is declared CAT III, the CAT III minimum is displayed.EFB v2 does not distinguish between CAT III a, b and c. It just used the lowest standard values. if it is not defined in the (tailored) minimum file, the default value is displayed (light amber background).

The thing about minimums is that in fact there are some basic values within State Authorities (EASA, FAA, CAA etc.), however the actual values applicable for an operator (airline) is laid down in their Ops Specs, agreed upon between the State Authority and the operator.Those values are then applied on the (usually) tailored approach charts. This also means that there may be different values for different operators. Within EFB this would mean that e.g. a certain V/A would provide tailored minima files for their members. For general use this would of course go a bit too far ?

Yeah, I also contacted the dutch ATC. and they gave me about the same info.

It depends on th cockpit, and would be between 0 and 600 RVR for CAT III. there.

Except for RWY 36R and 22/04 they are all CAT III.

What would be the best values to put in then? because it is very dependent on cockpit.

For cat II they indicated 2200 M (based on DH)

3 hours ago, victoroos said:

Yeah, I also contacted the dutch ATC. and they gave me about the same info.

It depends on th cockpit, and would be between 0 and 600 RVR for CAT III. there.

Except for RWY 36R and 22/04 they are all CAT III.

What would be the best values to put in then? because it is very dependent on cockpit.

For cat II they indicated 2200 M (based on DH)

Victor,

The  new build #72 (available soon) will take care of the proper Approach Identifiers. For basic Visibility/RVR values you can use the file "0default.txt", found in "....\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Minima" as template. Just make sure that you make a copy of this file and do not change anything in the original! Be aware that there are solely Height Values in use (prefix H), as it is a file for general use. Thus the MDH/MDA values will be set according to Airport elevation.