FSX stuck in Loading terrain data...etc loop

Hi,

I just purchased and received my product key. When I start FSX with EFB running FSX continues to Load scenery objects...Loading terrain data...etc.. over and over stuck in a loop. If I stop EFB the constant loading loop stops and I can fly FSX (without EFB).

During setup I did get one red circle error

GetRunwayDesignater: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, at airport TNCM

Warning-Landing-and Navaids could not have been created successfully

Right now EFB is unuseable for me. I have sent the log files to aivla support and a screen shot of the error.

Please Advise,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Sorry about that problem - it sounds a doozy.... I'd like to ask some random questions before Urs has a chance to look at your logs....

• Are you using stock or 3rd party scenery for Princess Juliana? (I have the PWS series.)
  • Did anything like this occur while you were in trial/demo mode with EFB?
  • What OS are you running?
  • Are you running FSX SP2 or Accel?

Regards,

Hi Bob,

the first issue that you describe sounds like that the "Synchronize UTC time" option is set to "true". This can be changed in the DataProvider settings (Menu "Extras" -> settings -> miscellaneous). Please try to uncheck this option and then start FSX.

TNCM: it seems that the scenery you're using for Princess Juliana contains an unknown item which doesn't allow to analyze the data. As a workaround please try the following:

0) close FSX, close DataProvider

1) locate the "scenery.cfg" file which can be found here "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX"

2) make a copy of the current file to have a backup

3) open the "scenery.cfg" file using "notepad.exe" or a similar text-editor

4) locate the TNCM scenery and set the value for "Active" to "False"

5) save the file

6) start DataProvider

As a general information, there is absolutely no difference concerning the runtime code of the trial version and the licensed version. Entering the license key only allows the program to be unlocked.