Running EFB Display Unit on A Second Computer

I have an ongoing problem of FSX hanging up during most flights. After patiently waiting for around 15mins it usually restarts and the flight continues to the next hangup. The problem seems to be memory related although I am running W7 64 bit with 4GB. Closing EFB mid flight (after a "hang-up") seems to speed up the restart.

Since purchasing EFB (which is really a great add on ) - this "hanging up" is more frequent. Do you think installing the display Unit on another computer is worth trying to reduce memory demand?

Mike

Hi Mike,

installing the EFB DisplayUnit on a second computer will reduce the memory load on your FSX computer by approx. 0.5 GB (500 MB). Apart from that it will also slightly reduce the CPU load. I'm also running a W7-64 test computer (sometimes for many hours) but without any problems. Do you run a lot of FSX add-ons or maybe other (non-FSX-related) programs (A/V, email, ...) at the same time?

Could you please send me all the logfiles that can be found as follows:

Windows-Start-Button > All Programs > AivlaSoft > EFB > Logfiles

Thanks for your response.

Whats the best way to send the files as I can't paste them in here?

Regarding running other programmes...

Only FSX related - scenery, airports, that sort of thing. I turn off AV, mail etc before starting up FSX.

Interestingly, these "hang ups" normally occur when in cruise when you'd think the least amount of activity was going on.

This was occurring before I installed Aivlasoft, but it seems the extra memory draw might be making it happen more frequently and certainly closing EFB seems to speed up restart.

Rgds

Mike