UK2000 Airports

Hi, I'm using UK2000 Scenery for most if not all my UK airports and the charts don't seem to shop up properly in EFB.
I've checked the install path and tried all sorts of things but the UK2000 airports are missing stands at all airports. Stand 21 is missing in the screenshot of EGKK along with others.
The other airports made by Aerosoft or Fly Tampa all seem fine.

Any Idea why this might be happening?

uk2000charts.jpg

I've added a second image sent from a friend. This is how it's meant to look I think. One thing I noticed is the number in the bottom right corner.
Are we using the same version?

Thanks in advance.

Andy P

IMG_25032018_151727_0.png

Hi Andy,

your friend is using an old version of EFB.

If you open the airport information and then double click into the empty space (left of the "Close" button), you can see which file is considered when depicting the airport layout (see the manual, section 7, page 17). Do you use the same file as your friend?

29 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Andy,

your friend is using an old version of EFB.

If you open the airport information and then double click into the empty space (left of the "Close" button), you can see which file is considered when depicting the airport layout (see the manual, section 7, page 17). Do you use the same file as your friend?

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I opened it up like you said. I have attached a screenshot to show the path of the file it's using.
Also my friend and I both use UK2000 scenery.

It's annoying that's for sure but i'm sure there's a simple solution that I'm missing :0)

Thanks

Andy

file location.jpg

16 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Andy,

what makes me puzzled is that the parking spots seem to be coincidentally available or not.

Could you please send me that file to support@aivlasoft.com, so I can have a look into it.

I have emailed the file from the location shown on the Airport Information.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

thank you for sending the file. I have had a look into the file and I can confirm that EFB is displaying the content of this file. So this file is definitely faulty, but not EFB.

Maybe there's some confusion in the scenery.cfg or any of the add-on.cfg's. Are you using any third party scenery.cfg editor?

Maybe you should ask the developer of UK2000 whether this is the right file for EGKK.

Hi Urs,

I have fixed it. This is really kind of strange because it's also fixed a lot of other issues I was having like low fps at UK2000 airports like Heathrow.
After a bit of thinking and some research I decided to see if I'd installed the AFD ( AFCAD ) files. I had not.
So I installed them for EGKK and the ground charts are 100% perfect.
I then proceeded to do this will all the UK2000 scenery including Heathrow.

After running the AEC in OrbX I then run the sim and loaded into EGLL in the FSLabs A320X.

My fps went from between a normal 14-21 in the vc and 21-23 fps outside to a much better +20 fps in both views.
I now get 70fps in 4096 res at Gatwick!

It's really odd how this has impacted how the simulator was functioning and I hope it helps someone else if they have simlar issues.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Andy P

On 26/03/2018 at 5:52 PM, AndyStrat said:

Hi Urs,

I have fixed it. This is really kind of strange because it's also fixed a lot of other issues I was having like low fps at UK2000 airports like Heathrow.
After a bit of thinking and some research I decided to see if I'd installed the AFD ( AFCAD ) files. I had not.
So I installed them for EGKK and the ground charts are 100% perfect.
I then proceeded to do this will all the UK2000 scenery including Heathrow.

After running the AEC in OrbX I then run the sim and loaded into EGLL in the FSLabs A320X.

My fps went from between a normal 14-21 in the vc and 21-23 fps outside to a much better +20 fps in both views.
I now get 70fps in 4096 res at Gatwick!

It's really odd how this has impacted how the simulator was functioning and I hope it helps someone else if they have simlar issues.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Andy P

Hi Andy if you don't mind and have the time can you give a bit more detail as to what you actually did. I also get low FPS around UK airports and I also have the UK2000 "suite" of airports but I presumed the low fps was all down to the high level of detail in and around the London area. I also checked my EGKK file and it's different to yours. It's in the same place but is "EGKK_AFX_UK2xTRM.BGL".

The whole afcad thing is a bit of a mystery to me so you'll have to be gentle :-D

Hi Briant,

I went into each of the UK2000 directories and run the OPTIONS exe and told it to install the AFD files. Even if you're not using AI traffic these files must be installed.
It's taken me a very long time to find this and it was only by accident in fairness but it made a massive difference for me.

When you use the scenery, you have to decide if you want static aircraft or not. If you have static, of cause those stands must be removed from the AFCAD file (as in your screen shot), or else you get AI parking on to of Static aircraft

. So run the options program. Remove the static (UNTICK ‘Install Static’  and TICK ‘Install AFD with Airline codes’  and then run your AFB rescan.

That should help with luck.

Cheers

Andy

On 28/03/2018 at 5:15 PM, AndyStrat said:

Hi Briant,

I went into each of the UK2000 directories and run the OPTIONS exe and told it to install the AFD files. Even if you're not using AI traffic these files must be installed.
It's taken me a very long time to find this and it was only by accident in fairness but it made a massive difference for me.

When you use the scenery, you have to decide if you want static aircraft or not. If you have static, of cause those stands must be removed from the AFCAD file (as in your screen shot), or else you get AI parking on to of Static aircraft

. So run the options program. Remove the static (UNTICK ‘Install Static’  and TICK ‘Install AFD with Airline codes’  and then run your AFB rescan.

That should help with luck.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for that Andy, I'm working now until Thursday next week so I'll take a look then.

No problem. Also noticed after installing the latest FSUIPC that it cause horrific stuttering for some reason.
I rolled it back to the previous version and it's working perfectly.
Also when I updated the A320 from FSlabs some very odd things started to happen.
Sounds seemed messed up in the sim. After powering down the aircraft I could hear the engines clicking as the wind moved them.

I normally hear this outside but it was in the VC and I could not get rid of it so I went back to the previous version and it's fine.
My guess is there's a conflict with FSUIPC somewhere in the newer version that is causing this problem, all I need to do is find out what it is.

I'm going to test it again today and see if it does the same on the older version of FSUIPC.

I will report back :-D

Cheers

Andy