New version 1.6.16

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Urs,

I have downloaded and install the newer version of Aivlasoft efb but Data Proider is not working and giving me this error.

Please help as its a must addon to have with every flight.

Kind Regards

Tariq

Capture.PNG

Hi Tariq,

the problem is because another program on your computer seems to use the same TCP port number than EFB. It might be coincidentally, or not.

Try to restart your computer to see if it already helps. If not, try to change the TCP port number in the settings of the DataProvider AND the DisplayUnit. Both of them must use the identical port number. Please also refer to the installation and configuration manual for further details on the TCP port number.

Hi Urs,

I've just installed for my P3D computer, I actually use it Networked and this does work fine, I didn't encounter any issues when installing just for P3D.

Thnaks 

Jason

On 4/27/2018 at 6:50 AM, aivlasoft said:

Hi Tariq,

the problem is because another program on your computer seems to use the same TCP port number than EFB. It might be coincidentally, or not.

Try to restart your computer to see if it already helps. If not, try to change the TCP port number in the settings of the DataProvider AND the DisplayUnit. Both of them must use the identical port number. Please also refer to the installation and configuration manual for further details on the TCP port number.

I'm having the same issue as Tariq. You mentioned changing the IP address in both... but how does one go about changing it in the DataProvider if, when started, it goes almost straight to the exception box right away? I haven't found a way around this issue as of yet, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

** EDIT ** ---  Disregard. Out of nowhere it started working the next morning. I was apparently having some kind of issue with just about everything the night before and, suddenly, the next morning everything I had an issue with (both flightsim and non flightsim related) were all working just fine. But, if you have a solution it may help someone else in the future. Thanks.

• 1 month later...