Multiple Trials conflict on Different network PC's?

Hello

Urgently need support please as my Trial period is about to expire.

I downloaded a trial of EFB on my original Windows 7 PC last year, before I had the Windows 10 PC and the opportunity to setup a network of the two.That original trial has expired.

I did not purchase a licence after that original trial, since it was suggested to me that a network setup was the only way to properly operate EFB and I only had one PC.

Recently however, having purchased the new win 10 PC, I watched a FroogleSim Youtube video and decided to give EFB another try now its possible for me to network my two PC's together.

However, when I now try downloading the EFB trial again from your site to the older Windows 7 PC, it says that my trial has expired (Trial copy more recently downloaded to Windows 10 PC doesn't expire until 15/03/18)

My question is, could my network connection problem described in my original post "Data Provider won't connect across network", be an issue where the Expired Trial 'Display Unit' app on the Windows 7 PC won't connect with the Current Trial copy 'Data Provider' on the Windows 10 PC and its this that is causing the non connect problem that I'm experiencing? Unlike the Expired ' Data Provider' the 'Display Unit' still opens on the Win 7 PC - it just won't connect with the 'Data Provider' on the Windows 10 PC.

i.e is there some kind of expired v unexpired trial conflict going on here across the network?

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

5 hours ago, ampharoah said:

My question is, could my network connection problem described in my original post "Data Provider won't connect across network", be an issue

No. The DisplayUnit is not licensed, only the DataProvider.

Make sure on both computers is the same EFB version installed (latest is 1.6.15). When you run the installer on the Win 7 machine, make sure that you unselect the DataProvider from the installation options.

Best practice, if trying to connect Windows 7 and Windows 10, is to create a so called 'homegroup'. This will make it easier to share the required folder on the DataProviders computer.

I assume you already have read this post from the FAQ?

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/205-which-folders-must-be-shared-on-a-two-computer-setup/

I also assume that I can delete your other thread concerning the same problem?