Missing Runways and Terminal at KATL Imaginesim

Hello.

Not sure what is causing this but whenever I load a flight using the Imaginesim KATL my EFB always says runways 10/28 (far south runway) don't exist and the ground chart doesn't show that runway as well as the entire F concourse. I used the same scenery and EFB when I had FSX with no issues (now using P3D V4). I contact Imaginesim and they indicated that my installer and AFCAD file were correct and up-to-date. The runway and F concourse are physically present in the sim when flying. Any idea why the EFB cant seem to find and display them?

Thanks in Advance,

Kristopher Seguin

Hi Kristopher,

I guess this is because of the new data format of certain airports for P3D v4. Just a few minutes ago I have uploaded a new update which now should be able to read these new files.

Have a look at the following thread (link), one of the last posts contains the link to the download. It's not yet an official update, but If you would like to test it?

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/index.php?/topic/2563-uk2000-manchester-error/

Hi Kristopher

These messages have nothing to do with the update. Please read the manual, section 2, page 3 "Messages that need attention ...". There is also an interesting post in the FAQs: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/index.php?/topic/1195-runwaystxt-runway-identifiers-are-greyed-out/

Another option would be that the DataProvider could not read this scenery, because it is not properly "registered" in the add-on.xml. If you have a look into the DataProvider logfile, you can see whether the KATL scenery has been analyzed.

• 2 weeks later...

Urs,

It seems that ImagineSim places the add-on.xml file directly wherever the user chooses to install the scenery.  Further, the ImagineSim installer uses the command-line method of installing using the Add-on system such that it isn't really auto-discovered.  So, since I believe your routine for obtaining scenery using this new method is to check the "Prepa3D v4 Add-ons" folder for add-on.xml files, you will not find the KATL add-on.xml file there.  The only solution I can see is to place a "dummy" file or to use something like what the Lorby-Si addon manager does, which is to briefly use a temporary scenery.cfg file so that a tool like the DataProvider can be tricked into seeing the scenery.

I can confirm that Lorby-Si's addon manager is able to trick the DataProvider into seeing KATL.

Thank you for the follow up but unfortunately my knowledge in this area is limited. I do not entirely understand what you are asking me to do. If you could explain it a bit more simply I'm sure I could figure it out. One thing I did notice is that I do not have a folder listed Addons in my root P3D v4 directory. My imaginesim folder is located there though. 

I am a bit concerned that my folder structure isn't quite correct based on some of the other forums I have read.

Kristopher,

One thing I did notice is that I do not have a folder listed Addons in my root P3D v4 directory

I meant the folder "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons", not that one in the installation folder of P3D v4.

With version 3 already, but definitely with version 4, Lockheed Martin introduced a new system to register addons. With this new system every add-on should install a file called "add-on.xml" in the folder mentioned above, or one of its subsequent folders. This file contains information about 'what' is the addon, and 'where' is the addon, among of some more information. It seems that unfortunately another option is possible which cannot be handled with the DataProvider.

Like 'ahuimanu' explained there are installers which do not place an 'add-on.xml' in that folder and therefore you must either create such a file, or you manually add an entry to the scenery.cfg (like still many of the scenery installers do).

When the DataProvider is scanning the installed BGL files (scenery files), it will first read the 'scenery.cfg' and then it searches for 'add-on.xml' files. This way it collects all information about 'what' and 'where'. If a scenery is installed, but it has no information at one of these places, the DataProvider will not find it, although the simulator will use it.

Well.....Lorby-Si to the Rescue!!!!

Thank you so much for all of your help. I installed and ran the Lorby addon manager and it worked perfectly. Now I have all of the runways and the F concourse at KATL visible on my EFB!!

Thank you again!