DisplayUnit doesn't connect

Hello, here is the problem:

System is Win10, P3Dv4, EFB 1.6.9. Display unit on the networked computer does not connect (ok on the sim computer) .
Port numbers on Provider and Display are the same (I tried different numbers).

Provider data folder is on a network drive, all drive/folder sharings and permissions seem to be ok.

Simconnect clients 10.0.60905.0, 10.0.61242.0, 10.0.61259.0 are installed

... but the DisplayUnit does not connect.
What am I doing wrong?

Regards, Andreas

DataProv P3D.jpg

Disp U 1.jpg

DispU 2.jpg

Hi Andreas,

from what I can see on these screenshots, it seems to be ok. But I don't know your local network installation and therefore it's almost impossible to say what is right and what is wrong.

Things to consider:

1. Are both components (DisplayUnit and DataProvider) running on a Win-10 computer, or is the DU running still on a Win-7 (mixed operating systems)
  2. Are these computers members of a home-group (using a home-group makes sharing a lot easier)
  3. Do you run the DisplayUnit with administrator rights (right-mouse-click, then "run as adminstrator")
  4. Try to replace the shared device "T:\" by an UNC-path (UNC is starting with doubled backslash "\\computername\share")
  5. Verify whether the access rights and owner rights on the path ".. \AppData\Local\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider" are properly set

Thank you for your help Urs.

1. Yes, DataPr is w10, DispU is on a w7 computer.
2. Yes, they are in a home-group

3. Yes, DispU is run as admin.

4. I tried the UNC-path (pic attached).

5. There is something wrong with access rights and owner rights on the path ".. \AppData\Local\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider:

\\Desktop-d05fn79\local cannot be shared (pics attached). How do I change that?

Regards and thanks in advance

(I'm aware that my problems are not directly related to Aivlasoft's EFB)
Andreas

Disp U 3.jpg

Sharing 1.jpg

Sharing 2.jpg

Hi Andreas,

I'm sorry but I cannot really help to solve Windows network problems. It's not that I don't want, it's just because network problems most probably can only be solved when one is sitting in front of that computer. From what I see on your screenshots, I would try to give "everyone" access rights (read/write).