Networking Query

Hi there,

I have just purchased the EFB and was wondering if anybody could answer a networking query I have? I run the DP on my laptop running P3D v3.4 and the DU on my surface pro tablet. I have them networked using a LAN and this is set up and working. I've shared the necessary folders and I can establish comms between the server and client. Unfortunately, if I have my laptop wireless adaptor connected to my router and internet, the DP automatically picks this network up and connects, rather than connect over my wired LAN. If I check the port numbers for my LAN and pop this into the settings for both the DP and DU, the DP still always picks up my wireless adaptor over my wired LAN. To get around this, I start P3D first because I need the internet so Chaseplane can start, I then have to switch off my wireless adaptor on my laptop, then start the EFB DP and watch this connect to my wired LAN which it does and then I start the DU on my tablet and then set the same port number and IP address of my laptop NIC. I then turn on my wireless adaptor and connect back to the internet. Everything works and the moving map is great, I just think the method of me connecting the two is a little haphazard! Unless of course I am doing something unbelievably wrong.

Can anyone point me right on this?

Regards

Nigel

Hi Urs,

I was doing it this way because I am using the wireless system at work during my lunch time, I also wanted to connect EFB outside of this network for obvious reasons. I actually managed to sort it today by setting both NIC's to spare IP addresses on the wireless network and added the DP address in the setup config. It now connects using these addresses without any issue.

Thanks

Regards

Nigel