Problems with Addon Airports

Hello everybody,

although I followed the manual instructions step by step  (editing the runways.txt) the issue  is still there.

It's simply NOT possible to see the taxiways when using any  airport addons.

This issue does not occur in connection with all default airports.

Now I'm overasked!!! :-(

Please take a look at my attached runways.txt file.

I would really appreciate if there is somebody who give me a help.

Thank you in advance.

with kind regards

Bernd Schwarz

Runways.txt

Bernd,

It's simply NOT possible to see the taxiways when using any  airport addons.

The runways.txt file cannot help if taxiways are not depicted. It can only help to make the required assignments between the old FS-related runways identifier and the newer navigation data identifier.

Did you also read this post from the FAQs:

If you have a new add-on airport and you have up-to-data navdata, then it also might be that NO assignment at all is required.

35 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Bernd,

The runways.txt file cannot help if taxiways are not depicted. It can only help to make the required assignments between the old FS-related runways identifier and the newer navigation data identifier.

Did you also read this post from the FAQs:

If you have a new add-on airport and you have up-to-data navdata, then it also might be that NO assignment at all is required.

Of course everything is updated!!! Well, if there is no assignment required nevertheless IT SHOULD WORK!!

My airport addon is new (Frankfurt Mega Airport 2.0) with the actual navdata from airac 1703!

It's annoying to me because the software isn't that cheap. Hence it should work in any circumstances.

I hope Aivlasoft will find a solution very soon - an update for instance!!!

with regards

Bernd Schwarz

Sehr geehrter Herr Schwarz,

Sie sind sicherlich nicht der 1te der Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 installiert hat und mit EFB sehr gut zurecht kommt.

Prüfen Sie doch eimal Ihre Scenery.cfg die ist in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX enthalten, so ähnliche Einträge wie

folgt sollten Sie finden:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title=Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Terrain
Local=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\\Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Terrain

Title=Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Airport
Local=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\\Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Airport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ich schreibe in deutsch, da ich meine solche Aussagen wie " any circumstances. "

oder "a solution very soon" sind wenn man Hilfe benötigt nicht angebracht.

Manfred Maier

14 hours ago, mmaier41 said:

Sehr geehrter Herr Schwarz,

Sie sind sicherlich nicht der 1te der Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 installiert hat und mit EFB sehr gut zurecht kommt.

Prüfen Sie doch eimal Ihre Scenery.cfg die ist in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX enthalten, so ähnliche Einträge wie

folgt sollten Sie finden:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title=Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Terrain
Local=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\\Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Terrain

Title=Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Airport
Local=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\\Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Airport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ich schreibe in deutsch, da ich meine solche Aussagen wie " any circumstances. "

oder "a solution very soon" sind wenn man Hilfe benötigt nicht angebracht.

Manfred Maier

Sehr geehrter Herr Meier,

herzlichen Dank für Ihren Kommentar. Sie müssen mich auch verstehen, wenn ich nach unzähligen misslungenen Versuchen irgendwann einmal auch

emotional reagiere. Meine Geduld ist nämlich nicht unendlich strapazierbar.

Das, was Sie mir netterweise an Info haben zukommen lassen, habe ich alles schon ausprobiert Leider ohne Erfolg! Übrigens, der Pfad ist für mich nicht ganz korrekt, da ich die Steam-Version des FSX besitze.

Trotz allem vielen Dank.

Der EFB erkennt das Frankfurt addon ohne Probleme. Das ist nicht der Punkt. Mir geht es um die Anzeige der von mir gewählten Taxiways. Das hat bis dato bei mir nicht  funktioniert.

Gruß

Bernd Schwarz

PS: Ach ja, hätte fast etwas vergessen. Es ist ganz allgemein für die User nicht sinnvoll, mehr oder weniger lapidar auf das Manual verwiesen zu werden, ohne sich ganz konkret um die spezifischen Probleme zu kümmern. Man fühlt sich ein wenig allein gelassen!

Dies geht eigentlich jetzt mehr an die Adresse von Aivlasoft. Ich weiß natürlich nicht, ob Sie ein Mitarbeiter dieser Software-Schmiede sind. Aufgrund Ihrer obigen Replik scheint dies nahezuliegen.

Dear Mr Schwarz,

according to the forum rules (no. 1) it would be very kind of you to write in English and therefore respect that many other visitors of this forum do not understand German.

If you would like that I'm helping you, then it would be very helpful

- if you were stopping to bash at me and stop blame the software

- do not become emotional

You are still talking about taxiways which are not depicted, but also talking about the file "runways.txt".

As I already mentioned in my earlier post, the runways.txt is not the place where to fix such issues. EFB can only depict taxiways which are contained in the so called BGL-file (also known as AFCAD file) of a certain airport. This is the only way for an add-on to get this kind of data, and all other add-on programmers are doing it the same way. There is no other source for this information. Whether a taxiway is included in the BGL-file or not, is decided by the programmer of the scenery, not by myself. EFB only reads these files. What you see on your monitor when taxiing on an airport is a bitmap (an 'image') and this might be different from the content of the BGL file. Again, this is not the responsibility of EFB.

As an additional information, please see these two screenshots: It shows another problem which might occur on any airport. If the programmer of a scenery does not properly set the name of a taxiway (Designator 'Blank', instead of e.g. Designator N7), then EFB cannot depict the name of the taxiway.

EDDF-Taxi-Designator-N7.jpg

EDDF-Taxi-Designator-Blank.jpg

Images courtesy of Manfred (mmaier41)