Is it necessary to have Aivlasoft installed in FSX Legacy and FSX SE on the same computer

I have installed on my computer FSX Legacy version and FSX SE. I transferred from FSX Legacy so I now use FSX SE. 

My question relates to updating the Navigraph database. I have noted that I have an Aivlasoft folder in my FSX but not FSX SE. I have checked the database in the Navigraph folder inside Aivlasoft folder inside FSX Legacy and it is the current version. However I often find that the SIDS for example which have been produced by PFPX are not present in the Aivlasoft EFB SIDS. My normal procedure is to save the flight plan in PFPX in Microsoft format and open the Flight in Aivlasoft EFB as a Microsoft saved route if that may have something to do with it.

The Aivlasoft EFB appears to work perfectly normally with FSX SE apart from this.

Is there an explanation for this.

Thank-you for any advice.

Michael Houghton

Hi Michael,

However I often find that the SIDS for example which have been produced by PFPX are not present in the Aivlasoft EFB SIDS.

Did you already verify that the folder name for the Navigraph data in the DataProvider settings (Tab "Navigation data") points to the location that you mentioned (" in the Navigraph folder inside Aivlasoft folder inside FSX Legacy)? It this folder agrees, then we have to compare the content of the files whether they are different.

My normal procedure is to save the flight plan in PFPX in Microsoft format and open the Flight in Aivlasoft EFB as a Microsoft saved route if that may have something to do with it.

This has nothing to do with the issue. The FSX flight plan does not contain any information about procedures. The procedures will be taken directly from the Navigraph folder and then they will be depicted.