Hi,

I have a major problem with crashing of my simulator. Here is what's happening:

I download a route to a AeroSim B787 via the FS flight planner. Several times now when I downloaded a route a erroneous 1st way point was added and shows up on the a/c CDU. Next I select the 2nd way point and up select it to LSK1L and execute. Here is the strange thing:

With the EFB running the simulator crashes almost immediately.

With the EFB NOT running the simulator does NOT crash.

I have attached a link to screenshots that show the route, SID, CDU and the description of the crash from the EFB data provider

Thanks for help -this is an important function since it is used for -direct to-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/1XK17s

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/0xU6s3

Hi,

I did another test:

Started FSX-SE, selected the AeroSim B787 on rwy 01 in BIRK (Reykjavik), loaded the route via FSX flight planner, deleted the 1st erroneous way point by upselecting the 2nd way point. The simulator did NOT crash.

I took off and at approx. 7000' paused the simulator, started EFB and almost immediately the simulator crashed. This is the display aof the data provider:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/8gjn8e

I will do another test: EFB started, route loaded, NO modification ion the CDU regarding the 1st erroneous way point. Will reply back since I have to reboot the PC

Thanks

Hi,

I did the test:

Of course the a/c circled the runway (erroneous way point) however, the simulator did NOT crash with EFB started. At about 7000' I did a "direct to"; selected a way point and up-selected it to LSK1L. Immediately the simulator crashed.

So it seems to me that any mods to the route with EFB started or being started after the modification causes the simulator to crash.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi Juergen,

What is going on?????????

Most probably the other aircraft that you mentioned causes FSX to crash. The rest is just a "chain reaction". In the logfile you will find the error code "0xC000014B".

Please do a search on this forum using the term "0xC000014B". You will get a lot of answers and explanations on this error code.

Urs,

I did a lot of reading on this exception. However, all of the occurrences could NOT pin down exactly what "procedure / running add on or other items" caused the exception error.

As I wrote in my posts, I can precisely re-create the error, by having EFB running, and applying the "direct to" command on the AeroSim B787. With EFB NOT running and all other conditions identical, the error does NOT occur. It is also not only inflight but also on the ground, when I use the "direct to" command.

So, if the error does NOT occur with EFB NOT running, I would assume that EFB causes something to make the error occur!

Anything else I could try to help resolve/circumvent this problem?

Thanks

Urs,

Just to prove my point I did 2 more test:

1. Load AeroSim B787; load route through FSX flight planner;  take off from rwy 01 in BIRK; climb out, circle the airport (erroneous point); climb to 7000'; "execute a direct to" command; pause simulator; start the EFB data provider and almost immediately the simulator crashed, didn't even have time to start the display unit which is running on second PC.

2. Restart PC; load AeroSim B787; load route through FSX flight planner; take off from rwy 01 in BIRK; circle the airport (erroneous point); climb to 7000'; "execute a direct to" command; climb to cruise altitude of 42000' (approx. 30 min into the flight); pause the simulator, start the EFB data provider and immediately the simulator crashed.

I agree it has something to do with this aircraft, however the aircraft performs normal if the data provider is NOT running! Also it ONLY crashes if I use the "direct to" command. I don't know how to work around this problem, since it is a important command!

Is there a program I could run to trap the problem when it occurs?

Thanks for help

Urs,

I am back again.

Can you at least comment on the "coincidence / conspiracy" theory that the crash happens only when either the EFB is running and a "direct to" command is executed, or when the command is executed and the EFB is started 20 minutes later. Both instances same result: crash of FSX!

Thanks

Juergen,

I will not comment any "conspiracy or coincidence theory" because I have not seen it and I also can not reproduce it here.

Pressing the direct-to key (LSK1L) seems to bring FSX to a state where it will crash as soon as a data request from "SimConnect" must be processed.

I suggest to use another route which does not trigger the error, or try the same route with another aircraft.

It's not that I don't want to help, it's just beyond of my control. It's an FSX problem, not an EFB problem, believe me.