Ground traffic not visible problem/question

I noticed when I'm on the ground at an airport and viewing the ground chart there is no traffic shown other than my aircraft with a red aircraft symbol. When I'm at a large airports such as London Heathrow (EGLL) I do see FSX landing traffic  visually out the cockpit window and other taxiway traffic which is talking with ATC in Vpilot. After takeoff I do see other ATC traffic in Magenta on the departure and enrounte charts. Is there a way to "turn on" ground traffic??

Thanks. Other that that minor complaint I really love teh program and find it immensely useful.   Thanks.

Noel Anderson Sheffield, MA.

Hi Noel,

first of all just a simple question, did you press the TRFC button when on the ground chart?

Unfortunately SimConnect sometimes does not forward AI traffic data to calling programs like EFB. This is most often the case when the system is heavy loaded and resources are short. Maybe this is the situation at an airport like EGLL which might require a lot of system resources. Do you experience the same problem at smaller airports too?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, i just spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, so im just sharing my experience.

The TRFC button worked, but it took a while for me to find it. Maybe reading the manual wasnt such a bad idea after all? :mrgreen:

But still, i noticed one "problem" i needed to be solved before it worked.

I use my laptop as a client, and I noticed that the server EFB dataprovider "AI Monitor" list was empty.

After that i went into in-game menu in P3D -> Add-ons -> Sode 1.3.4 and "test DLL connection".

The test showed "OK", and the AI monitor list filled up in a second later, and all traffic was visible after pressing the TRFC. (which is pretty self-explanatory if the button had been more visible :oops: )

I also prior to this, also changed the visibility on client settings for AI (system->charts->Traffic) horisontal, vertical and range from "0" (zero) to a preferred range. I dont know if this also made it work.

------

Im using P3D v3.4 (latest update today), I7-3820 OC to 4,5Ghz , Radeon R9 290oc.

Add-ons: AS16, REX4 textures and Soft Clouds, FTX EU Norway, Aerosoft Mega OSLO