Some groundcharts are wrong

Hi!

I have a few addon airports where the ground charts are not correct in the EFB.

e.g. last flight i started from aerosofts venice on parking gate 332 - on EFB i was parking outside the airport area.

I have the idea that the reason maybe that some airports are listed in the scenery library as f:\prepar3d v3\.....

and some simply as aerosoft\venice.

I cant change that - if i delete and reenter the scenery in the library it "autocorrects" from fullpath to aerosoft\xxx

- for curiosity most of them are areosoft.

Is that a problem for EFB?

Hi Idefix (?)

it's not a problem having absolute and relative paths in the scenery.cfg. EFB can read them all. I guess that the problem is either that a scenery is not read at all (if a path is wrong, or the scenery is not marked as 'active'). Or - what could also be - the scenery is using different bitmaps compared to what EFB can read from the BGL file. You're talking about Venice, which version do you have installed on your system? Your simulator is P3D v3.3?

BTW, as per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

Hi!

Sorry, i was not aware that the forum is not using my realname ...

I am using P3D V3.3 - i take a look at venice (whats quite old) and what EFB tells me about and i write down what other airports are affected.

The hint with "active" is also a good one as i disable unused scenery prior to flying - i may take a look at this

thx

regards

martin

Hi Martin,

just a thought, is the installer for Venice updated that it works with P3D v3.3 ?

How can i check what EFB has imported?

Open EFB, load LIPZ, click the Airport Information icon, and once that dialog opens, double click in the blank area above the General Info / Communications tabs until you see a filepath and filename. This is the file that has been loaded by EFB.