NET.Framework

Hello!

My computer is running with Windows 7. Originaly, Net.Framework 3.5 was included. The automatic windows updates replaced version 3.5 by version 4.0. For another reason I've tried to uninstall 4.0 and restore version 3.5 but unsuccessfully.

Is EFB running with Net. Framework 4.0?

I could'nt test this because installation of EFB 120 does'nt allow demo mode.

Regards

Michel

Hi Michel,

If this is the first time that you try to run the demo then I guess that this must be a problem with the firewall settings on your computer. To properly install the "Demo-License" the DataProvider must connect to a time server using port 13. This port must be "open" for an outgoing connection attempt. Can you please check this?

Michel,

OK, no problem, so let me first ask you some questions:

- this is the first time that you try to install the demo version of EFB? I'm asking this because if you already had a trial period somewhere in the past, then we must not search for the problem around the firewall ;-).

- What operating system do you run (Windows 7, Vista, XP ...)

- Which Anti-Virus program is installed on your computer?

- Do you run a separate hardware firewall?

I understand your point of view, but as I do not know wether EFB is running or not with NET. Framework 4.0 ( I had recently a bad experience with Plan G, another navigation software) I am sorry to tell you that I cannot consider bying your software.

Regards.

Michel

Michel,

Having .Net Framework 4.0 installed will not prevent EFB from running, of that I am certain. 4.0 is installed on all of my machines and I run EFB fine. (An installation of 4.0 should not remove 3.5 - I have installed 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0. They all sit side-by-side, happily.)

EFB targets .Net Framework 3.5 and as long as you have 3.5 installed, EFB will work.

Regards,

Travis,

NET. Framework 3.5 is no more on my computer and, as I said above, I did'nt succeed in my tentative of reinstallation: it claims for a language pack, well, I attempt to install that language pack which itself claims for NET. Framework 3.5. Its the story of the dog which bites its...!

Regards.

Michel

Michel,

Perhaps then we should focus on restoring a properly working .Net Framework system on your PC. What is your computer's "regional language" or "input language?"

For example mine would be "English - US". (Some might suggest it's "English - US - Won't shut up." :) )

Regards,