Errors in generated PMDG route file?

I created a flight with the EFB, loaded it in the PMDG 738ngx as a company route, completed the FMC with the required data and started to fly the plane. Having reached TOC I saved the flight in FSX.

After reloading this flight, the route appeared to be not active anymore, the Flight Level had to be filled in again and the flight number was replaced by the ICAO code of the destination airport. After entering the FL and activating and executing the route, FSX was frozen.

I contacted PMDG and they suspected the company route file to be corrupted.

So did some tests:

To exclude the influence of any addon, I reinstalled only FSX (SP2), PMDG 737-800 NGX (1d) and updated EFB to the most recent version (Dataprovider 1.6.8.33244, Diplayunit 1.6.8.33245 and AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.PmdgRte.dll 1.6.0.0).

In Aivlasoft EFB I created a simple flight, EDDL NOR EDFH, and saved the route as 'EDDL EDFH EFB.rte'.

I started FSX free flight with the 738ngx on EDDL, active runway, executed POS INIT and loaded the 'EDDL EDFH EFB.rte' in the FMC as a company route. I didn't enter any other data in the FMC and activated and executed the route. The route was saved as 'EDDL EDFH A.rte'.

I restarted FSX in the same way as before but now I entered the waypoints manually and saved the route as 'EDDL EDFH MAN.rte'.

After having restarted FSX and ngx and loaded 'EDDL EDFH A.rte' as co-route, the FMC showed the same errors as I mentioned before.

I did the same thing with the manually created route 'EDDL EDFH MAN.rte' and there were no problems at all.

I attached the three mentioned .rte files for information.

Jaap

RTE files.zip

• 8 months later...

Hi community,

Problem solved!

In trying to solve this problem, Aivlasoft provided me with a company route file created by PFPX. Using this file no problems occured.

After comparison the content appeared to be equal to the file created by the EFB, so the cause of the problem should lie elsewhere.

After some testing I finally found out that company route filenames containing spaces are not handled correctly by the 737ngx software of PMDG. In first instance everything seems to be OK but after reloading and executing a previously saved flight, problems arise.

Best regards,

Jaap