EFB and Majestic Dash 8

Hi Guys

I have noticed a slight problem when using EFB and the Majestic Dash 8. I am guessing this has something to so with the Dash 8 being modeled outside of the native FSX/P3D envronment.

When flying the Dash 8, the off blocks time is not being taken from there brake release but from when I save and activate the EFB flight plan. So, before I have even loaded the flightplan in my stationary Dash 8, EFB thinks I have already pushed off stand.

I notice on the flight log page that there are buttons for the off/out/on/in times but these are not user selectable. Maybe that would be a work around whereby you can click the button once you start the push?

Thanks

Ken

Ken,

you're right, Majestic has modeled the entire engines logic completely outside of FSX. Since EFB detects engine on/off (instead of brake release), it will not recognize that a flight begins or not. The buttons become enabled as soon as the first engine is running. EFB v2 will be more flexible in this regard.

Hi Urs

That's great, thanks for confirming this, Just one follow up question, you say that the buttons are enabled once the first engine is running, does that mean I should be able to manually click for the blocks off as when I do it seems to have no effect.

Regards

Ken

Hi Urs

Actually, they appear disabled for the Dash-8 but are enable for others (PMDG, QW etc).  However, the Off blocks always appears to be completed and I found out the hard way that, if you press any of the other buttons you cannot change them with a subsequent push :|

I wonder then how SmartCars gets the informatiom as the Off/Out/In/On times seem to work correctly when I use this in conjuction with the VA that I fly with.

Anyway, no big deal, I can wait, eagerly for V2. 8-)

Best regards

Ken