EFB passing all waypoints through to VATSIM and FSInn

Good morning,

I've been using EFB for many years, but recently have had the following issue.

When I complete a FP in EFB I usually use the "Copy" option on the Route Setup page to copy the ATS Routing.  The "include procedures" box is unchecked so as an example it  copies the route as follows :-

BPK Q295 DAGGA CLN UL620 ARTOV UM604 INBOB DANKO M604 SVA M609 RIPAM

Just as I would expect , waypoint , airway and then waypoint at the next change of airway.  ie the waypoints along the airway are not shown.  I use this to file a FP in FSInn and onward to Vatsim, 

However, when I press Activate, EFB seems to be then sending the FP to FSInn with all the intermediate waypoints along the airway including those between the departure runway and the first waypoint and the waypints after the final FP waypoint right down to the arrival runway.

.....SVA VAVET PIPEX ULMUG RIPAM ROXIM GM410 GM409 GM408 GM407 VALPU OGRAS XIKLA

As above, the FP's last waypoint is RIPAM when the STAR starts, but EFB has passed through all the intermediate fixes on the STAR as waypoints.  

Additionally, in this example I was mid flight when I posted, and by pressing Activate mid flight without making any changes to the FP, EFB has sent through what seems to be only the remaining waypoints on the flight which definitely did not happen before.

I have looked about to see if I have checked something somewhere, but cannot get to the root of this.  Is there a way to stop EFB passing the route through to FSInn and Vatsim ?

Hope this makes sense !

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

what you described is a 'built-in' feature of FSInn. It observes the FS-flight plans folder and looks for the latest modified file therein. After each change of the flight plan in EFB (activate is also recognized as a change), EFB writes the flight plan file "EFB_current_garmin.pln" to that folder. Now FSInn 'thinks' that this must be the current flight plan and forwards it automatically to VATSIM. Unfortunately there is no option in FSInn to stop this automatism. Try to uncheck the option "Load / update Garmin GPS ... " from the EFB DataProvider settings, tab "Miscellaneous". 

Hi Urs,

Thank you for the explanation.   Unchecking the "Load / Update Garmin GPS" did the trick, although I also had to delete the "EFB_current_garmin.pln" file as FSInn just continued to find it being the last filed plan.  All working now.  

Andrew