Approaches not displayed for LRIA

Hi,

I just wanted to report a small issue with LRIA. The file LRIA.txt contains two approaches (ILS15, NDB15), which are displayed on the FMC of the Majestic Dash8 Q400. However, no approach is shown in EFB. I use the latest AIRAC cycle (1513).

It might be worth to note that EFB reports a runway assignment problem (Navigation data runway ident 14/32 could not be assigned to simulator runway). EFB displays 15/33 instead. I use P3D 3.0 and have no addon scenery installed in this area except for FTX Global. I ran Simulator scenery update only a few days ago.

Best,

Peter

Hi Urs,

thanks for pointing this out. I had quite a few runway misalignments over the years, but never bothered very much about it and clicked OK instead of editing Runways.txt. Of course, adding the lines

LRIA 14 15
LRIA 32 33
CYFB 16 17
CYFB 34 35

(I had a recent misalignment at CYFB as well) stopped EFB from reporting a runway assignment problem. However, that was not the actual issue that I wanted to report, and that issue has not been resolved by editing Runways.txt.

In EFB\Navdata\Navigraph FMS Data\SIDSTARS\LRIA.txt
you can find an APPROACH ILS15 and an APPROACH NDB15. However, neither is displayed on the EFB approach page. While I have seen many misalignment, I have never seen that EFB doesn't display an approach that is contained in Navigraph data. That's why I reported this.

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,

could it be that the airport scenery fro LRIA does not have an ILS for runway 15? EFB does not show ILS procedures if the corresponding runway has no ILS. On my system the NDB14 approach is shown, whereas the ILS14 not, because there is no ILS at this runway (in stock scenery).

BTW, for stock scenery, I had to add the following two lines to the runways.txt file:

LRIA 15 14
LRIA 33 32

Second column is the old FSX identifier, the third column is the new navigation data identifier