Flightsim Commander plans

Hi!

After my first question is already answered :lol: , I have another one:

I like using Flightsim Commander to create flightplans.

When I save them as PLN-files, FSX can read them when loaded in its built in flightplanner and I have MSFS ATC service.

I tried to load such plans in EFB, but there is an error message which says I should check if it is really a MSFS fightplan. Is there any way to load those files in EFB?

Or, the other way round, when I created a flightplan using EFB and Routefinder, is there any chance of saving them as PLN-files which can be loaded in FSX to have ATC service?

Thanks in advance and greets,

Michael

Hi Michael,

yes, you're right. When you press the "Activate" button, EFB creates an FSX flight plan in the folder which must be defined in the DataProvider settings (Miscellaneous - Folders). You also have to tick the checkbox above the directory name.

BTW: FSC writes the plans in FS9 format. FS9 flight plan format is a pure text file, whereas FSX plans are formatted as XML files. Since FSX is capable of reading both formats normally no one cares about what format it is. EFB 1.1.0 can only read FSX XML files. The upcoming version 1.2.0 will be capable of reading both formats.

• 2 weeks later...