Connececting 2 computers

Hi

I have been trying the EFB for a week or so,, and its great. I have 2 issues though.

1. Every time i try to connect to the data server I am getting an error message telling me that there is no internet connection or port 13 need to be open. (ofcourse every port is open in the router and in the firewall as advised). It takes sometimes 50 tries until i can connect.

2. I cant see the provider data folder in the DU. In the main computer it was hidden. In the file properties i have checked the "show hidden....", i see them in the main computer, and they dont show on the network connection in the other computer. Meantime i use the work arround that u recommended, but as i understand it will be a problem everytime i updade new scenaries etc.

Your help would be most appriciated

Thanks

Hi "eli",

it's hard to give you the "right" answer to issue #1 because I don't know your equipment. At least there seems to be a possibility to connect to the activation server, although it's only after several attempts. It's the first time that I "hear" such an issue. Do you run other applications on your computer which might to control or have an impact on the internet traffic?

According to issue #2 I just have created a post in the FAQ section concerning the topic "Which folders must be shared". Please see http://www.aivlasoft.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=217

Best regards,

Urs

BTW: According to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real life first name (maybe by adding a signature). Thanks.

(ofcourse every port is open in the router and in the firewall as advised).

Hello eli,

You should not open "every" port on your router and firewall.

Only if you are in EFB demo mode would you need port 13 and port 80 open. Otherwise, only open ports that are necessary.

Regards,

First of all thanks all for your prompt reply.

As to the connection problem as I understand it will be solved as soon as i move from the demo mode.

As for the seen/unseen files, I read the post explaining how to do it. I dont know how it works in win7/vista since I have win xp. I found out that doing steps 1-9 is not enough since the files are still invisible to the remote computer, what you have to do is after the file is seen in the main computer, right click on it and than on properties, in the properties uncheck the "Hidden" option and you good to go.

Thanks again, for the great add on, i am buying it :)