Online Box Displayed

I have just had to reload EFB on my networked PC and when I open the Display Unit I set up the links to the shared folders on the Data Provider/FSX machine. I then select a default aircraft and the unit opens. As soon as I select the button to access a flightplan I get an Unhandled Error with a message that tells me the network is unavailable. After selecting the continue option the default aircraft is removed and an addtional data line for VATSIM is displayed. The display unit then becomes unusable and it demands an aircraft be selected.

After I close down and try to restart the display unit no longer works. I have no idea why EFB thinks I want to connect to VATSIM and am at a loss to resolve how to move on.

The display unit works OK on the fsx machine.

Why is this happening and how can I get it to load without looking for some mythical VATSIM link?

Thanks

Hi Andy,

As soon as I select the button to access a flightplan ...

Do you mean that you have pressed the button "EFB Routes" from the route select page, or did you load a file using the second option "Saved routes (select type)"?

And could you please send me the logfiles from both components (DataProvider and DisplayUnit) to support@aivlasoft.com? Thanks.

Hi Urs

I had another attempt earlier to setup EFB with the following results.

Firstly I uninstalled EFB with the Uninstall.exe file, deleted any folders left behind and created by the original setup, rebooted and reinstalled EFB.

I then opened the application and after initialisation pressed ‘Route Setup’. The error message was displayed with the message ‘Specified Network Name No longer Available’. In the Inline Network Box it showed ‘VATSIM/Running’ on a green background. I then pressed ‘Continue’ and once again ‘Route Setup’ followed by Select then EFB Routes. I selected a flightplan and activated it. Everything displayed OK but ‘VATSIM/Running’ was still showing and nothing in the Aircraft Box.

I the shutdown the application and when I went to restart a message bocx displayed indicating there was no access ‘VATSIM/Running’ to the Aircraft Folder on the main FSX machine.

I went to the FSX machine and found the folder share access had reverted to an unshared state. When I corrected this and restarted EFB it started perfectly, all accesses and no sign of the Online Network Box. I have since used it on a number of occasions and without any further errors.

I did take a copy of the Display Unit log but forgot to get the Data Provider log until a few minutes ago (after a few more shutdowns and restarts).

I will send the log files separately..

Regards