Disappearing AI

I have just completed a flight from EGKK to LOWW.

Upon leaving EGKK the display was full of live AI heading as you would expect in all directions together with a pretty much full house at EGKK.

As the flight progressed across Europe and in particular as I passed over EDDF I noticed the number of aircraft start to thin out to the point that when I arrived at LOWW there was not an AI aircraft to be seen.

I noticed something similar when flying into the UK fro Dubai a couple of weeks ago where there were less than a handful of active flights over the southern UK in the EGLL and EGKK area. It should be noted that when I arrived at EIDW on this occasion it too was devoid of activity but upon re-starting FSX all was once more well.

BTW, the TRFC button on the menu is/was activated in all screens.

It is also worthy of mention (I think) that I am using EFB across a LAN.

Any suggestions as to what this could be related to will be appreciated.

Hi Andy,

that looks like a well known 'SimConnect'-problem. As soon as SimConnect gets overloaded, it starts to priorize to whom it still sends data. Unfortunately AI traffic is not sort of data which will be sent out then. Please use the search function of this forum, this topic has been discussed in the past already for several times.