Taxiway designations at Heathrow

I use FSX with Heathrow Extreme scenery installed. Just recently when I create a FP in EFB the Heathrow Ground Charts have appeared rather odd. Some of the taxiway letter designators on the chart seem to be superimposed on top of each other. I deactivated the Heathrow Extreme layer in the scenery library and rebuilt the EFB database and it displayed the default Heathrow ground chart without any issue. When I reactivated the Extreme scenery and again rebuilt the database, the superimposed taxiway letters reappear. It's as though the chart is laying the Extreme ground scenery on top of the FSX default.

I have had EFB for many years and used Extreme Scenery without any problem. This problem has just started recently. It's not a major problem as its only the taxiway letters that seem to be superimposed. The taxiways and runways are all OK.

Thanks for the reply Urs.

I think the UK2000 Heathrow scenery may be the culprit. Since may post I have found that parts of the install are missing nor can I properly uninstall it to do a clean reinstall. I have emailed UK2000 support for assistance. However, the attached BGL file seems to be the one that generates the duplicate taxiway letters on the EFB ground chart. If I remove it I get the FSX default ground chart in EFB.

It could be that the default EGLL bgl has not been excluded by the UK2000 installation, but I do not know where to find that file to try removing it.

Any help appreciated, and I will report back when I hear from UK2000.

Andrew

EFB screen.zip

egll_AFX_UK2xGEN.zip

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the files. I have had a look at the file using the Airport Design Editor and I can see that many taxiways are superimposed by the same taxiway but the other direction. Therefore EFB is reading the labels "properly" ... I don't know why the developer of this scenery is using such "double-layered" taxiways. Maybe they can help you.

Hi Urs,

Thank you for that info. That at least confirms the suspicion that its the EGLL Extreme bgl file that's the cause. I will feed that info back to them. I do suspect it's a problem with the re-installation of EGLL Extreme as I had been using it for a few years without a problem. It's only since the reinstall this has happened. Thanks again for checking out that file for me.

Regards

Andrew

Firstly, good to see you are back online after the spam moron did his mischief !

Though I would just update you on this issue.

I exchanged emails with Gary Summer at UK2000 and let him see the screen shot of the chart generated by the EFB. He understood the issue but it's unavoidable. In the UK2000 Heathrow scenery it is necessary to have overlaying taxi lines and nodes to maximize AI traffic flow. It's also necessary to control the A380 AI as they are only allowed on certain routes, so the overlay is also used to stop A380s using certain taxiways due to width restrictions.

So, it's maybe an issue unique to Heathrow, but I guess depending on how scenery designers set up the AI control, it may arise elsewhere from time to time. As I said before, it is a very minor issue as it is only the taxiway lettering that gets overlaid. The taxiways themselves on the chart and in the FSX scenery are fine.

Nothing more to be done, but thought you may be interested to know just in case something similar comes up elsewhere.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Andrew