Be careful when installing Navdata 1407

Once again the default directory that Navigraph is using to install Data cycle 1407 for FSX has changed. If you are not careful the new data will be installed into a different directory than has been done in the past. You can look at the Settings->Navigation Data tab to see where the data is supposed to go and then change the location when Navigraph asks where to install.

Ned,

I just ran the installer for the Navigraph cycle 1407 and it prompted "D:\Flight Simulator X" as the default path, which is the installation path of FSX on my computer (I selected to install FSX on the first page of the installation wizard). What do you think has changed? If I recall correct then this was the path in the past already, wasn't it?

The Navigraph prompt from the installer said C:\Program Files (x86) on two separate computers. I didn't notice it and thus when I opened EFB it showed the old cycle still in effect. I re-installed and changed the location to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. That folder has always been the location for my FSX.

I found it odd that it did the same thing on two different computers. Also the default program when I install is Prepare 3D and I always have to change this--sometimes I forget and have to do it over. Shouldn't the default be the most used simulator FSX instead of Prepare 3D? Of course this isn't your problem :D

Hi Ned,

thanks for clarifying. I assume that on these two computers that you mention no registry entries for the installation path of FSX/P3D could be found and therefore the installer prompted a default path like "C:\Program Files (x86)". Just a guess, nothing proofed. If this were the case, just run the "FSX registry utility" from http://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.phpRegistry. This will reset the entries and the installer should find it again.

Shouldn't the default be the most used simulator FSX instead of Prepare 3D?
I'm with you and will ask Richard Stefan from Navigraph. As far as I know he is in charge for the installer.