ILS 19R KSNA - John Wayne airport

Flying into KSNA last night for practice on the ILS 19R.

The approach display indicated the heading should be 182 degrees but the RW heading is 194 degrees. The graphic shows the ILS to be N of the waypoints for the ILS (SAGER - SNAKE - LEMON - DYERS).

Flying the Duke Piston (RealAir Duke V2.0) which pulls its flight plan from EFB - when the APPH buttton was pressed the plane tried to turn right (prompting a call from ATC) - I ended up landing visual.

Thought maybe my AIRAC was out of date - checked and no it is current.

I would like to suggest someone at AivlaSoft check this out.

Hi,

KSAN runway 19R has two ILS's, one is a LOC/DME (Ident IOJW), the other one is the ILS/DME with ident ISNA.

EFB 1.x can only handle one ILS per runway and I guess that the LOC/DME is the first which is recognized when creating the database. In other words, what you see in EFB is the LOC/DME with a heading of 182° and - unfortunately - not the ILS/DME which has a correct heading of 195°. With EFB v2 it will be possible to handle more ILS's per runway.

BTW, according to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply and explanation and sorry for the missing name. Glad it was reasonable what I was seeing and not just an oversight.

Great product - I cannot remember how I flew online without it.

Franklin

• 4 months later...