Install defaults to C:\Program Files (x86)

G'day All

Hopefully there is an easy fix to this but my initial install defaults to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. In fact it is creating a FSX folder where there wasn't one previously. I have FSX loaded on a separate drive (D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X) but nowhere during the install does it allow me to select the FSX location. I have tried a reinstall with the same result. Interestingly is that it loads the DataProvider (no errors but is pointing to 'C' drive) and the DisplayUnit (but no airport data....obviously!). I have uploaded the Navdata to D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X with no problems.

I suspect I've missed a step somewhere but I have been through the manual carefully and the forum but haven't been able to find the problem or a solution. I'll most likely kick myself once the answer is known but I just want to play with EFB.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Hi Steve,

if you install FSX there is a screen where you can select the target folder. But this screen (or at least the place on that screen where you can select the path) is not obviously and you must be very careful to not stumble over it.

Interestingly is that it loads the DataProvider (no errors but is pointing to 'C' drive)
The DataProvider is reading the scenery.cfg file which contains all the paths to the installed scenery files. It they still point to the C-drive although your installation is now on the D-drive, then you should re-install your FSX from scratch.

Hi Urs

I have got it working but it is a work-around solution. As stated in my original post, the EFB install created a 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X' which only contained the FMS Navdata file. Trust me, I was loathe to start FSX afresh so did a 'repair' using the FSX cd's. This essentially reloaded FSX to 'C:\Program Files (86x)' and refreshed the Scenery.cfg. From there I ran a Scenery update refresh on the DataProvider which identified a handful of invalid scenery files (some residual FS9 files). Once these were removed I did another refresh and 'Bob's your uncle', EFB was up and running. My only issue now is that I have 2 x FSX folders (C & D drives). When I have more time I will have a play and try to resolve it but EFB is working without performance degradation........so far!

Cheers