Denied access to fafanddmelimits.txt

Hi,

The Data Provider is complaining that it cannot access fafanddmelimits.txt. The file is empty but access is denied even if I try opening it with Notepad.

As I am the only user on this PC I fail to understand why I cannot open this file when it's within my User account.

It appears no-one had permission to access this file. Strange. Anyway, I assigned control of it to Administrators and I was then able to view the contents. Presumably EFB can now as well since it has stopped complaining about being unable to. :?

Ray,

That file (fafanddmelimits.txt) is placed within your user's AppData folder which should not have any restrictive limits that EFB would normally need to circumvent.

That you had to grant the group [Administrators] to that folder/file is interesting in and of itself.

What OS (and SP) are you using? You may reply in email or PM if you prefer.

Regards,

Hi Travis,

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and still trying to get used to folder and file sharing. It's quite a bit different to XP. UAC is turned off. I have recovered the situation now and the problem may have been of my own making due to inexperience. I googled the problem and no-one else has had it so it's almost certainly down to me.

Thanks all the same. :)