incessant disconnections on the remote PC

Salut Urs,

I'm currently experiencing incessant disconnections on my remote laptop. The DP settings have not been changed (Timeout values are all set to 10). The messages I can read on the DP window are :

- warning : connection to 192.168.1.11 terminated caused by Timeout SND

- warning : connection to 192.168.1.11 terminated caused by Timeout SND (repeated)

- info : new connection from 192.168.1.11 accepted : this last message is repeated many times, approx every minute.

see https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlj1t4hm38s0btv/DP.pdf

What should I do ? what should I change ? to avoid those multiple disconnections. Thanks and happy new year to you all.

latest version 1.5 installed and running on both PCs

Hello,

I have the same problem with repeated disconnections from a remote PC.

It seems only to happen when I use REX Essential Plus Overdrive on the PC where FSX and the Aivlasoft Data Provider is running.

Is there a solution for this problem ?

I already have incremented all timouts for Aivlasoft to the maximum of 10.

Greetings,

Dirk.

Yes, I confirm I'm mainly using Active Sky 2012 (REX Overdrive is installed but I use it for textures only)

Could that be related with repeated DU disconnections on the remote laptop ? What do you think about dear Urs ?

Happy new year 2014 to all of you

Hi,

disconnections can have several causes. In the end it's due to the fact that the DisplayUnit does not reply to the DataProvider within the time frame which is defined in the settings. Now the question is why does the DU not reply within that time frame? This can be because of a network problem (too less throughput), or a performance bottleneck on that computer where the DU is running. Maybe you should try to switch on/off several programs or add-ons to figure out which program might be the cause?

Solved, set to 10 all timeouts on both dataprovider on the main pc and displayunit on the laptop (here I had a serious rundll issue, so I had to revert back to a system restore previous Xmas, and then reinstalled and configured the displayunit) Now have no issues ;)

David

• 2 months later...

I have been having exactly the same issue and it is a little frustrating.

I run Active Sky Next and EFB DU on the same networked laptop. Nothing else. Is the solution to set all the timeouts to 10?

I will test on another long haul flight.

It seems to be very intermittent, yesterday I had no errors but then this morning the timeouts seem to be happening quite frequently

Richard

Hi Richard,

setting all timeouts to 10 should not be the first way when trying to find a solution. It's like to unscrew the red-alert-bulb ...

It seems to be very intermittent, yesterday I had no errors but then this morning the timeouts seem to be happening quite frequently
What could be the difference between "yesterday" and "this morning". Some other programs running in the background (e.g. hidden anti-virus tasks, or hidden updates, downloads, backups ...)