[SOLVED] HECA - "nil"'ed runways still come up grayed

Gentlemen, I have stumbled upon a situation I cannot explain or solve, I would very much like your opinion: I can't get rid of the grayed out 16/34 approaches.

I am using Matthew Brooks and Ray Smith's AFCAD for Cairo: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=147568

Database is updated, Runways.txt is corrected as per the correct navdata in Airac 1312, thus runway 16/34 is not exsisting anymore, I have only one AFCAD set for this airport on my PC, and my cache is flushed ;)

Not a big deal, I know, but I like fiddling with navdata and always keep my EFB up to date :ugeek: It bugs me that I can't get rid of the grayed out 16/34:

efb_heca_zps591bf74d.jpg

Any tips appreciated, have a great weekend guys!

Cheers,

Hi Travis, thanks for replying, and no, it might be that the afcad has those as active. But why are they grayed out, because they don't exist in the navdata? Am I missing something about the logic behind the runways.txt file? I though that even with a "wrong" afcad, I could "nil" out runways for adapting to the navdata?

Hm, back to the manual ;)

Hi Morten,

you cannot remove runways from that dialog. Greyed out means that there are no procedures available for a certain runway. The runways.txt file is only to assign FSX runway identifiers (which might be outdated) to navdata runway identifiers which are up to date. If you use the 'nil' argument means that for a certain runway no assignment is made, but since the runway in FSX still exists, it will be shown on that dialog, but greyed out. Hope this helps to sort out the runway-confusion ;-).

Hehe :)

Thanks both, I am a bit embarassed, should have cought that. I did a test after with FlyTampa Boston. The situation was oposite, i.e. two runways were missing in my scenery. With the "nil" I corrected the error in the provider window.

Cheers,