EFB under W7 on two Computer

I downloaded the demoversion 1.1.0 and installed it on two computer. The data-provider on my FSX-Desktop-PC runs o.k. The display-unit on a laptop runs, but it does not except the provider data folder. I always get an error-window. The network between both computer is o.k. I can see the laptop on my fsx-computer and on the laptop on my fsx-computer. I tried a lot of things but I always failed.

The "Provider data folder" which folder is meant? Is this in the Aivlasoft-folder unter "Documents" (in German it is "Eigene Documente") or is it in a different folder?

beknow,

(according to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real-life first name, thanks).

On a two-computer-setup you must first share two folders on your FSX machine.

1) C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider

2) C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

Thease two folders must then be selected from the DisplayUnit's settings (Folders and Links):

1 -> Provider data folder

2 -> FSX Flightplans

Johannes,

sorry, but I must have overseen that you already mentioned the OS in the topic :oops:

I asked you about the language and the OS to be prepared for the advice which I would like to give you: If you say that the "first" folder is not available then this let me assume that the option "Show hidden files and folders" is not selected. To select this option, please proceed as follows (English terms are given in brackets):

1) Start "Windows Explorer", not Internet Explorer.

2) On the top left corner you see a menu item called "Organisieren" (Organize)

3) Open the menu item, then select "Layout" and check whether the item "Menüleiste" (Menu bar) is selected. If the "Menüleiste" (Menu bar) is not yet selected, please do.

4) At the "Menüleiste" (Menu bar) select "Extras -> Ordneroptionen ..." (Tools -> Folder options ..."

5) Select the second tab, called "Ansicht" (View)

6) Search for "Versteckte Dateien und Ordner" (Hidden files and folders)

7) Select "Ausgeblendete Dateien, Ordner und Laufwerke anzeigen" (Show hidden files, folders and drives)

8) Press "OK" and close the Windows Explorer

9) Start Windows Explorer and you should find the folder:

C:\Benutzer\[benutzername]\AppData\Local\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider

10) Now share this folder for "Jedermann, Lesen und Schreiben" (Everyone, Read & Write)

Hope this helps.