Runways greyed out when selecting arrival and approach

Sometimes when I'm about to select an arrival and approach some of the runways are greyed out and can't be selected, why is this?

Now for example I'm flying ESSA-LEMH and there are two runways at LEMH 01L-19R and 01R-19L but looking in EFB and trying to select an arrival and approach 19L is greyed out looking at the arrivals and when looking at the approaches all runways are greyed out except for 01R.

I have checked the LEMH.txt file and as far as I can tell everything looks correct in there so I don't really understand why EFB won't let me choose the arrival and approach I want? I'm using the latest AIRAC cycle 1311.

Hi Richard,

I only have the stock FSX and the MyTrafficX scenery for Menorca. Both of them only list Runway 1 and Runway 19.

However my EFB tells me that I am looking at 1L and 19R. Hmmm.....

I am assuming that you may be using a third party scenery. I do not know if it is payware or not, and if it payware I cannot ask you to email your BGL file to me at {my first name} @ AivlaSoft.com but assuming that a new runway was added, then I would guess that it would only be a matter of adding a line or two to your runway.txt file.

But since I don't know what scenery file you are using ;) I can't give you any more of a specific answer....

Regards,

Thanks for your reply.

You're correct I'm using 3rd party scenery and in my case the scenery is Aerosoft Menorca. I had issues with some other Aerosoft airports in the past and so far they haven't had anything against trying to fix issues yourself if you can so I will try to locate the bgl file and send it over to you and maybe you can then find out what's is causing the runways to be greyed out.

Should also mention that I have of course already ran the FSX scenery update in the EFB Data Provider and I have also clicked the 'Reset airport data cache' button in EFB Display Unit.

Thanks Travis, just tried what you suggest but I must be doing something wrong because what I wrote in my initial post is still true after doing this. 19L is still greyed out looking at the arrivals and looking at the approaches all are still greyed out except for 01R.

What I did was to first remove all references to LEMH from Runways.txt found here C:\Users\Richard\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\ and save the file and then I both updated the FSX scenery data in EFB's Data Provider (just to make sure) and reset the airport scenery cache from the EFB DU.

Hi Richard,

What I did was to first remove all references to LEMH from Runways.txt found here C:\Users\Richard\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\ and save the file
Just to be on the secure side, did you do the fix in the runways.txt file on the DataProvider's computer or on the DisplayUnit's computer? Sometimes it might be that due to previous installations an old runways.txt remains on the DisplayUnit's computer. The runways.txt file is only used on the DataProvider's computer.

I told you it was me doing something wrong ;)

I was absolutely sure I had everything setup correctly but sure enough the shortcut to the Runways.txt file pointed to the file on the computer where I have the DU installed and not the DP. After removing the LEMH references from the correct Runways.txt file (on the computer where I have the DP and FSX installed) the problem seems to be fixed.

Thanks so much Urs for having your brain switched ON when some other of us don't :lol: