AI traffic gradually disappearing

Hi Urs,

sorry to warm up an old topic of mine but I still don't see AI traffic all of the time in the EFB Display Unit.

Specifically: Whether I run RC4 (with UT2) or VoxTAC (UT2 disabled in exe.xml) all AI traffic disappears gradually after about 15 minutes into the flight. It disappears both from DataProvider's AI a/c monitor and from Display Unit regardless whether the Display Unit is running on the server or the client PC. When I restart the DataProvider AI traffic is there but again disappears after some time.

I can see the traffic in FSX. RC4 or VoxATC both are interacting with it. (Apart from that EFB is working perfectly.)

Do you need any further information about my settings?

Regards, Andreas

Andreas,

to be honest, I have no idea what the cause for this can be. I assume it must me SimConnect which becomes "overloaded" in certain situations and then it starts to decreasing data distribution. But anyway, in the meantime I'm fed up with SimConnect and all the problems which come along when using this interface. After many hours of discussing pros and cons about SimConnect we decided to no longer use it in version 2. It will be replaced with FSUIPC. Currently I'm developing the new interface based on FSUIPC and it seems to be much more stable than SimConnect (although - and don't forget that - FSUIPC is also using SimConnect for certain data requests, but it seems that it makes far less use of SimConnect than the DataProvider is doing today). In other words, there will be no fix for 1.x because that were needing a complete rewrite of the 1.x DataProvider. What I can suggest is trying to reduce the amount of AI aircraft either from any online pilot client or within FSX itself.

Hi Urs,

simconnect being the cause sounds reasonable. FSCommander using FSUIPC doesn't have these problems.

My traffic settings are 50% for both UT2 and VoxATC. That should't be too much.

Looking forward to EFB v2.

Regards, Andreas

Andreas,

I have the same problem. I've been running EFB for a while with no issues at all but recently i noticed the disappearing traffic.

I haven't made any changes to my computer or EFB it just started happening!. I read another post on the forum about unchecking the time sync setting in the data provider so i tried this and it seems i have all the traffic back which is a bit strange as it always worked before with the time synched!

Hope this helps

Mark

Hi Urs!

I have to say that I'm very happy that you're relying less on Simconnect. I run a *lot* of add-ons as well as EFB (over the LAN along with Radar Contact), and in spite of doing everything I can to make Simconnect's life easier I still experience times (as you may recall) when Simconnect "goes to sleep" for anything from a couple of seconds to one or two minutes.

So I very much look forward to more FSUIPC and less Simconnect! :D

Every good wish for the festive season,

Brian